What do you all think the best beatle albums are? Would love to know what you all think.

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
GeorgeHazza1966

What do you all think the best beatle albums are? Would love to know what you all think.

Post by GeorgeHazza1966 »

Just very curious on what everyone thinks, i would say remixes also count but explain why they are better than the original albums. Anyway, extremely curious to see what you all think, enjoy!
Lord Reith

Re: What do you all think the best beatle albums are? Would love to know what you all think.

Post by Lord Reith »

With The Beatles. Recorded at their absolute peak as a live band, and sounds like it. Bursting with the energy of a Cavern lunchtime, but with the bonus of new original Lennon McCartney songs. As an album, this made every British record before it null and void. After this album, there was only The Beatles on one side of the fence, and everyone else on the other. The rest would never catch up.

Following that I would place Rubber Soul, as their greatest vocal work. Full of interesting and introspective songs that warm the heart and lift the spirit.

After that, Pepper because it still evokes colour and light and eccentricity and once again was lightyears ahead of the competition. People like to knock it because it was so big, but there is a reason it was so big: it is effing brilliant.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Mr Bump

Re: What do you all think the best beatle albums are? Would love to know what you all think.

Post by Mr Bump »

Revolver first, possibly my favourite album by anyone ever.

Close behind, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, Let It Be [yep, love it].

Then Pepper, White and finally the early ones in no particular order.

All the remixes and compilations are OK but no so important as they aren't genuine Beatles product, having been created after the event. I have a special liking for 1962-1966 and 1967-1970, so they are my faves - mostly because I remember them from childhood. I think Love was very good sonically, so I rate that. Also Let It Be (Naked) for getting close to the Glyn Johns/no overdubs ethos (although I know it was fake non-fakery!) but with the official release of Glyn Johns last year, it's been relegated somewhat.
MrP

Post by MrP »

viewtopic.php?t=4209

GeorgeHazza1966 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm Just very curious on what everyone thinks, i would say remixes also count but explain why they are better than the original albums. Anyway, extremely curious to see what you all think, enjoy!
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

The White Album is tops for me.
Forget all the BS and solo ascertains and you've got a double it's the energy just works and so much variety it makes me keep it on til the 90 minutes is over.
With The Beatles
Agree with Lord it just crashes thru the door with It Won't Be Long and it ain't stopping til John throws down the last note of Money.
Still love Beatles For Sale as it really shows where their early roots come from and that country feel.
Yeah I don't mind Revolver for the songs and the innovation but if you gave me it and the White Album well you know my answer.