Flipping heck Jerry Lee Lewis has died

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Flipping heck Jerry Lee Lewis has died

Post by Lord Reith »

I'm really sad about that. He just seemed unstoppable.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
stereoman33

Re: Flipping heck Jerry Lee Lewis has died

Post by stereoman33 »

He had a relationship then marriage to his 13 year old cousin .. he was still married to his previous wife when
they started together
Rolf Harris went jail for girls between 14 and 16
Care factor … negative…
In short he was a pedo and an a hole
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

And boy he could burn a piano.
You could say as in the movies the last important figure of the golden age of early rock n roll has gone.
May he keep em shakin' up there.
Last edited by Megazeti on Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

What a pity. The last living pioneer. Great among the greats of the 50's. Without him and a handful of others the world would be a different place. I've always raved about "It'll Be Me", the B-side of "Whole Lot A Shaking' Going On". It's brutal. May he rest in peace. He's part of 20th century cultural history.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

It should be remembered that Elvis Presley started with Priscilla when she was a child, he was 24 and she was 14...
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

I feel so thankful I had the chance to love his music and see him performing.
His life had a few terrible moments, but also many inspiring twists.
An amazing career, never really stolen by massification.
Incredible albums in the 2000s, all of them among his best.
It´s a sad day for rock´n´roll, but in a way also a cheerful exit.
Knowing he was so religious, I hope God will forgive his sins and bless him.
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

Live at the Star Club

dannysonar

Post by dannysonar »

stereoman33 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:23 am He had a relationship then marriage to his 13 year old cousin .. he was still married to his previous wife when
they started together
Care factor … negative…
So you mean he was far from being a perfect human being ?
Oh, you forgot the time when he tried to break into Graceland with a gun to "talk" to Elvis.
Would you write, commenting on John Lennon's death, the day he died, as sole comment, "he was a wife-beater" (he slapped Cynthia once), "he never cared for his first son", or, "he wrote a song with the word nigger in it therefore he is a racist" ? (not making that up, I actually read that somewhere).
I don't think that's what matters here, right now.
I guess most people writing here are educated enough to know that he had his flaws (a lot) like Elvis, like Chuck Berry, like most human beings to different extents. Most rock'n'rollers aren't saints.
In short, he also made great music and brought pleasure to many people, he was the last of the founding fathers of rock'n'roll and that's why some of us are sad today.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

dannysonar wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:08 pm
stereoman33 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:23 am He had a relationship then marriage to his 13 year old cousin .. he was still married to his previous wife when
they started together
Care factor … negative…
Oh, you forgot the time when he tried to break into Graceland with a gun to "talk" to Elvis.
Would you write, commenting on John Lennon's death, the day he died, as sole comment, "he was a wife-beater" (he slapped Cynthia once), "he never cared for his first son", or, "he wrote a song with the word nigger in it therefore he is a racist" ? (not making that up, I actually read that somewhere).
I guess most people writing here are educated enough to know that he had his flaws (a lot) like Elvis, like Chuck Berry, like most human beings to different extents. Most rock'n'rollers aren't saints.
In short, he also made great music and brought pleasure to many people, he was the last of the founding fathers of rock'n'roll and that's why some of us are sad today.
People who date 13 year old girls are usually prosecuted sir, in most countries it's a federal crime. It appears though Jerry and Bill Wyman escaped this because of "Rock n Roll" status.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:38 pm
dannysonar wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:08 pm
they started together
Care factor … negative…
People who date 13 year old girls are usually prosecuted sir, in most countries it's a federal crime. It appears though Jerry and Bill Wyman escaped this because of "Rock n Roll" status.
While this is the case now, unfortunately at the time there were states in the US that had no minimum age for marriage. So while its crazy to think now, back then it wasn't criminal. If I understand right, he didn't really have any problems at home until he went to the UK and they called him out for it, which then caused him problems in the US for the next several years. This is not meant in anyway to justify it, just to provide some context.