Flat packs be damned!

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Flat packs be damned!

Post by Lord Reith »

In between posting here I have been putting together a new bookshelf.

This is my first experience with "flat packs" as usually I just buy things pre-made. But this particular bookshelf ("bookcase" if you're in the US) only came in the do-it-yourself variety.

All I can say is... I'm knackered! IKEA be damned! :lol:

It does look rather good though. And to my delight, it turns out that two of the shelves neatly fit lp records. So a win-win, despite my aching back and sore thumb.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ennolenno

Re: Flat packs be damned!

Post by ennolenno »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:33 am ...All I can say is... I'm knackered! IKEA be damned! :lol:

It does look rather good though. And to my delight, it turns out that two of the shelves neatly fit lp records. So a win-win, despite my aching back and sore thumb.
I love IKEA. To me, it is fun putting these things together.
Oh, and you should not use your thumb. You should use a tool. Didn't they describe that? ;)
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

About 25 years ago, I bought a modular bookcase from Ikea to hold albums. It was supposed to have three 14x14 compartments, three high, with casters on the bottom. It took hours to put together, then it collapsed under its own weight. I took it back the next day, and have since never sought a commercial solution to storing my record collection. I make do with shelves that are meant to hold books, and are made from fibreboard instead of wood, so they bow and flex. That's all I've got, unless I spend A LOT of money.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

ennolenno wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:24 am Oh, and you should not use your thumb. You should use a tool. Didn't they describe that? ;)
I knew I was doing something wrong... :?

In my entire life I had never come across a "cam bolt" before. Now I feel my life is complete. 8-)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:33 am In between posting here I have been putting together a new bookshelf.

This is my first experience with "flat packs" as usually I just buy things pre-made. But this particular bookshelf ("bookcase" if you're in the US) only came in the do-it-yourself variety.

All I can say is... I'm knackered! IKEA be damned! :lol:

Perhaps you didn't hear about the recall?

[flabbyroad]

Post by [flabbyroad] »

"Norwegian Wood"....