Photos

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
onemojofilter

Photos

Post by onemojofilter »

There used to be an ongoing photos project that was its own topic on BZ. I don’t have the photos nor did I ever download them but it was a handy guide to each day in their career. I wonder if that could be resurrected by someone here? I know it’d be asking for a lot, but, in case whoever might want to take that up is here, know that there is interest.
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.
Tex

Re: Photos

Post by Tex »

Yeah really should be a dedicated Beatles photo section.

Here's a folder with a few Beatles internet photos I test ran through the "My Heritage" enhancer. Most of these have been AI upscaled to twice the image size as what can be found on the internet. Generally I stacked the original and the enhanced and kept the enhancement mostly to the faces and less on everything else because it scrubs the grain and detail too much.

Funny, in the early days of the Internet it used to be easy to find HQ images now they are all thumbnails or locked in Pinterest pages. I've also added a few colorizations I had posted before on BZ.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

I was thinking that a thread dedicated to photos of the band in the studio would be interesting. I also have an obsessive desire to document all of their official photo sessions.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I've been looking at photos of The Beatles since 1980 and I still see photos I've never seen before even now. It's a weekly occurance. God knows how many photos of them were taken if that's still happening. It's amazing really when you think about it.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:53 am I was thinking that a thread dedicated to photos of the band in the studio would be interesting. I also have an obsessive desire to document all of their official photo sessions.
I posted this last week 8-) but no one responded with theirs :(

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=401
onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

Thanks! I was hoping that a section could be created that has a section for each year and within that section, 12 months, and within each the individual dates...

As new photos are discovered we can make them available in that new area... unless this is violates board rules (photo copyrights)?
Hannibal Starr

Post by Hannibal Starr »

should be great
DeeBee

Post by DeeBee »

Wasn't the BZ project related to this?
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/solobeatlesphotosforum/
onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

DeeBee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:36 pm Wasn't the BZ project related to this?
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/solobeatlesphotosforum/
Quite possibly! I wasn't aware of this website. There was a specific space on BZ for a photo gallery. Copyright concerns may well be why it was later removed - I don't know. This is a great website to include in the "website" thread too!
Rick

Post by Rick »

There is also a great The Beatles Recording page on FB that's full of session photos organized by date!