The Beatles @ The Star Club - The TRUTH Behind The Legendary Tape

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Ziggy C

Re: The Beatles @ The Star Club - The TRUTH Behind The Legendary Tape

Post by Ziggy C »

It'd be nice to be able to feed B/W footage through a similar sophisticated AI wherein all the millions of shades of gray are converted into their color analogs. That would eliminate the kind of "sweepy" faux colorizations we have today. It would also eliminate the color drop-outs where portions of a person's face appear temporarily zombified. And gone would be the tedium of hand-painting each frame.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

I liked Zappaf's idea where people could colorize some of the B&W stuff with Deepremaster. Unfortunately Deepremaster never rendered anything for me so I never had a chance.
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

I love these tapes as-is. Raw and fun.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Fun 4 None wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:40 am You know what Kwai, I'll actually change my mind. I'd rather listen to your ramblings than the irrational fans demanding a 50 hour Get Back.
I was born in 1960. But, I wasn't alive until I first heard The Beatles. My older brother bought Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home when it came out. But, THEN he bought Meet The Beatles, Beatles '65, Something New. That was, how it started. I think The Beatles somehow made me feel very cool about everything. I was old enough to love them. Since then, I have always looked at them the same way. I had no need to get older than that. And that's how I still see them. I am still that old. I haven't abandoned my ideals of Youth. I did become a carpenter and a welder. Other than two marriages, and no kids, I am uninterested about my own chronology. It is actually scary because I'm not a writer. I love The Beatles...so, if you get panicked about my comments being ANY length...you can bet I go through the same ridiculous agony when I hit the 'REPLY' button. Because, the people that know me, never let me start talking about the group. I can clear a living room faster than Alice Cooper at The Cheetah in Venice. I never know how long it's going to take. I can't get enough of this forum. It is quite Heavenly to be in the company of the best Beatles aficionados I've ever associated with. Example: The fact that a single post generated more Star Club releases in two days, than I have ever seen. Uploaded and clearly described and ready for further scrutiny. That has never happened ANYWHERE else. And, so, THAT knowledge should console all members. It won't make any difference about my writing, but it should make a huge difference to know that this group can answer any call. 50 hours of Get Back? I barely got through 8 hours worth. I could probably watch 50 hours of REVOLVER sessions though. The Beatles look like they are on high grade cocaine through out Get Back. Especially the bass player. And about the Star Club...I've owned a bunch of different ones. It wouldn't matter if that tape had been recorded by EMI's mobile unit or Abbey Road studios. I couldn't listen to more than two songs before I turned it off. When I watched the slide show on Megnetophon Band, I turned it on and was glued to the monitor for the ENTIRE feature. It seemed to go by in less than two songs. I thought I had been in the room at the club. Lord Reith is an unwitting miracle maker. I just didn't want anyone to miss out. It is an important reel of tape. It's NOT music that I can listen to. It's a chance to understand WHY they have the charisma that eludes all other bands. Paternity, Penicillin, Preludin. I'm not sure that I'm old enough to go to the Star Club. Thank you, Lord Reith.
Thanks for reading.
I just realized...there is no end to this. I've worn out many copies of John's two books.
I bet that has something to do with it.
KC
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:57 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:40 am You know what Kwai, I'll actually change my mind. I'd rather listen to your ramblings than the irrational fans demanding a 50 hour Get Back.
I was born in 1960. But, I wasn't alive until I first heard The Beatles. My older brother bought Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home when it came out. But, THEN he bought Meet The Beatles, Beatles '65, Something New. That was, how it started. I think The Beatles somehow made me feel very cool about everything. I was old enough to love them. Since then, I have always looked at them the same way. I had no need to get older than that. And that's how I still see them. I am still that old. I haven't abandoned my ideals of Youth. I did become a carpenter and a welder. Other than two marriages, and no kids, I am uninterested about my own chronology. It is actually scary because I'm not a writer. I love The Beatles...so, if you get panicked about my comments being ANY length...you can bet I go through the same ridiculous agony when I hit the 'REPLY' button. Because, the people that know me, never let me start talking about the group. I can clear a living room faster than Alice Cooper at The Cheetah in Venice. I never know how long it's going to take. I can't get enough of this forum. It is quite Heavenly to be in the company of the best Beatles aficionados I've ever associated with. Example: The fact that a single post generated more Star Club releases in two days, than I have ever seen. Uploaded and clearly described and ready for further scrutiny. That has never happened ANYWHERE else. And, so, THAT knowledge should console all members. It won't make any difference about my writing, but it should make a huge difference to know that this group can answer any call. 50 hours of Get Back? I barely got through 8 hours worth. I could probably watch 50 hours of REVOLVER sessions though. The Beatles look like they are on high grade cocaine through out Get Back. Especially the bass player. And about the Star Club...I've owned a bunch of different ones. It wouldn't matter if that tape had been recorded by EMI's mobile unit or Abbey Road studios. I couldn't listen to more than two songs before I turned it off. When I watched the slide show on Megnetophon Band, I turned it on and was glued to the monitor for the ENTIRE feature. It seemed to go by in less than two songs. I thought I had been in the room at the club. Lord Reith is an unwitting miracle maker. I just didn't want anyone to miss out. It is an important reel of tape. It's NOT music that I can listen to. It's a chance to understand WHY they have the charisma that eludes all other bands. Paternity, Penicillin, Preludin. I'm not sure that I'm old enough to go to the Star Club. Thank you, Lord Reith.
Thanks for reading.
I just realized...there is no end to this. I've worn out many copies of John's two books.
I bet that has something to do with it.
KC
Hey man look I understand the obsession. Some could say what I've done is completely pointless, and I could understand. It might seem ridiculous to hunt down rare films or photographs and post them. I justified it by saying "Well the Beatles are so big that there's always room for these historical treasures" and that's true but I think I did most of it cause it made me happy. Plus it also made my friends happy. Ultimately the bootlegging becomes some weird sort of worship, like someone's so fascinated with the Beatles that they went through all the trouble to do this. Though the community hasn't gotten bored so it keeps going. If these bootlegs and forums make you incredibly happy then that's great. It's nice to be around like-minded fans who "get it."

Anyway have a nice day Kwai.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Megazeti wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:00 am Genuine passion you cant beat it even if it fills the whole screen.
You should see me in a swimming pool!
Thank you, Megazeti!
KC
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:05 pm How long or short should a comment be?
Thank you, in advance!
KC
I, for one, heart Kwai Chang's posts.
He COULD say, "Gimme, gimme, gimme. Thanks in advance."
But he doesn't.
He has a gift.
He uses it.
Some say, "Bah! Hamburg!"
But they know not whereof they speak.
Chan, cut him some slack, tho.
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:03 pm
Kwai Chang wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:05 pm How long or short should a comment be?
Thank you, in advance!
KC
I, for one, heart Kwai Chang's posts.
He COULD say, "Gimme, gimme, gimme. Thanks in advance."
But he doesn't.
He has a gift.
He uses it.
Some say, "Bah! Hamburg!"
But they know not whereof they speak.
Chan, cut him some slack, tho.
Rave O Lucien,
How much do I owe you?
Actually, I could never let anything ruin this forum. I learned everything I know about the world from The Beatles. There is always enough to share. There is always someone that we can learn from. There is no greater gift than forgiveness. And Anyone, can have a bad day. Anyone can be wrong. Anyone can stand between two people who don't agree. But, there is no better shield than the Truth. I do have way too much too say. Most people don't love The Beatles more than I do. I only asked to be enlightened. I don't like writing but I don't want to say half of what I'm trying to say. I love it when people show gratitude. I don't ever want WilliamShears to have extra work to do. The members here are really the most educated Beatle people on the planet. The forum isn't going to be here forever. I wish it was, but it would be foolish to assume so. I realize I am a smart ass with a bent sense of humor. I am not trying to make people laugh. I Love George Martin. I am far too harsh about Giles. I couldn't do better than he does. I think he should be here with us. His contemporaries are here. And on and on and on. In my opinion, the real talent is here. BUT, most of all, I don't love Beatles music nearly as much as I love people. This is why The Beatles are so cool. Think of what they have sacrificed and endured. I always want to be like them. This forum is a privilege. I know everyone here wants it to contribute. I wish I had some technical skills. But, all I have is the ability to ReUp links, and chatter. I have no problems with ANYONE. People who don't want to comment have every right not to. I just like thinking that The Beatles are timeless that the music is still so mind-blowing that today is Feb. 9, 1964! Nobody else has made me think that. Time machine? Yes, we do!
The Beginning!
Thank you, for the compassion.
KC

Onward!
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

Kwai Chang wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:22 pm I just like thinking that The Beatles are timeless that the music is still so mind-blowing that today is Feb. 9, 1964! Nobody else has made me think that. Time machine? Yes, we do!
The Beginning!
Thank you, for the compassion.
KC
Onward!
Beautiful!
And me, too! Their records from '62, '63 and '64 are as fresh and exciting now as they were then. Or, as they were when they all simultaneously hit the U.S. airwaves in 1964. And fun! And funny! Never was a band so funny.

I have a little budgie
He is my very pal
I take him walks in England
I hope I always shall

That might not be verbatim. I did it from memory... ;)
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:21 pm I have a little budgie
He is my very pal
I take him walks in England
I hope I always shall

That might not be verbatim. I did it from memory... ;)
Wow! That is impressive! That's the literary equivalent of 500 push-ups.
I wore out multiple copies of the paperback (both books in one binding). MAD Magazine was instantly displaced. John's two books made me realize that words were not nearly as rigid as what we'd been told. The usage of the formal grammar and vocabulary has been jettisoned and things like spelling, meaning, ambiguity, punctuation etc. assume more creative applications. All rustic forms of phonetic finery lay before you. Now, pic them up and throw them onto your public education...any level. And suddenly there is a disregard for formal thinking which is so clever that one is left with no alternative except to agree with it. Beeeeeeeeeeeeecause (okay I'll tell you) those books are really warped so they improve your grammatical aptitude. It's just that simple...like sparring with Sonny Liston! Or, so they say!
Thank you!
KC