The Beatles @ The Star Club - The TRUTH Behind The Legendary Tape

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Darth Kybiel

Re: The Beatles @ The Star Club - The TRUTH Behind The Legendary Tape

Post by Darth Kybiel »

You can't please everyone so you might as well have a box set release of Lord Reith's for best Stereo final sounding mix for people that actually want something to LISTEN to and the fragmented choppy source tape of mono stuff for the original source people to HEAR to.
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Fun 4 None wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:40 am You know what Kwai, I'll actually change my mind. I'd rather listen to your ramblings than the irrational fans demanding a 50 hour Get Back.
That would be me ;°)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I think they've got hold of the wrong end of the stick there when they said they could make the SC sound like it was recorded at Abbey Road. Maybe in a future world where some colossal quantum computer capable of unifying the fields in one of its spare moments decides to have a go at it... but with today's technology? Not a chance.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fun 4 None wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:40 am You know what Kwai, I'll actually change my mind. I'd rather listen to your ramblings than the irrational fans demanding a 50 hour Get Back.
WE WANT THE 50 HOUR GET BACK! AND WE WANT IT NOW!!
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:18 am
WE WANT THE 50 HOUR GET BACK! AND WE WANT IT NOW!!
You'll have better luck petitioning for Carnival of Light :D
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

As an admitted irrational fan I also demand that the 50 hour cut of Get Back be released at once! We should present the powers that be with a list of demands..

I agree with Mr Reith in that they could never make these recordings sound like they’ve been made at Abbey Road..what they would surely do is overdub any available BBC and/or studio recordings underneath and try to pass them off that way and think people wouldn’t notice…like with the “1” Blu-Ray
Last edited by Rickenbacker325 on Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
tdgrnwld

Post by tdgrnwld »

LR said:
> but with today's technology? Not a chance.

Why not train a neural network to recognize EMI recordings of the era so it can reconstruct that sound? I don't see why that wouldn't be in the cards, though maybe it's too computationally expensive at present.
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

I always liked the Star Club Lingasong U.S. & UK LPS the best
I think an official release would be nice,
and as we know the chances of that happening are not very good.
If I remember correctly, the Star Club Lingasong U.S. & UK LPS are in mono,
and I think it would be nice to hear them in Stereo,and maybe Giles Martin
would be able to that.
I think it's a shame that the Star Club Lingasong U.S. & UK LPS are for the most part
a forgotten thing of the past,but that is my opinion.
Mike
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:17 am I think they've got hold of the wrong end of the stick there when they said they could make the SC sound like it was recorded at Abbey Road. Maybe in a future world where some colossal quantum computer capable of unifying the fields in one of its spare moments decides to have a go at it... but with today's technology? Not a chance.
Nothing less than what Magic Alex promised back at the time :lol:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

tdgrnwld wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:43 pm LR said:
> but with today's technology? Not a chance.

Why not train a neural network to recognize EMI recordings of the era so it can reconstruct that sound? I don't see why that wouldn't be in the cards, though maybe it's too computationally expensive at present.
I have thought along similar lines myself but it is still science fiction at the moment. I mean, I can hear A Picture Of You in my head in perfect quality, with cymbals and everything (unfortunately I can't plug a cable into my brain). So if my brain can do it, there's no reason why a future computer wouldn't be able to, by doing the same thing: extrapolating from other sources and replacing the missing sounds and frequencies with those for (for instance) from the Decca tape. But it would need some awesome computing power.