The Beatles @ The Star Club - The TRUTH Behind The Legendary Tape

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
rafael_szot

Post by rafael_szot »

Lord Reith gets a mention in this video.

Parlogram Auctions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuuwOu7EEYU

This year sees the 60th anniversary of the The Beatles' infamous Hamburg 'Star Club' recordings. These low-fi recordings have been released multiple times between 1977 and 1991 but are no longer officially available. This video not only tells the story of how the tape was recorded but also the personalities involved with its chequered history. We also cover events leading up to its initial release on Lingasong to the final court battle in which George Harrison himself testified. Will Apple ever allow it to be re-released and should they give Peter Jackson the opportunity to restore it? Whatever the outcome, it's a really fascinating and entertaining story. Someone should make a proper movie of it one day.

1973 BBC 'Nationwide' clip featuring interview with Alan Williams & Ted 'Kingsize' Taylor: https://youtu.be/NNwTVZW1so4
Dave1971

Re: The Beatles @ The Star Club - The TRUTH Behind The Legendary Tape

Post by Dave1971 »

I wondered when I started watching it if he would get a mention since they mostly deal with EMI/Apple releases. I was glad to see it!
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Sure would be great if Peter Jackson had a chance on cleaning these up. All the other cleanups we've had so far really have had no big difference on the sound quality.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Full STOP Commendations!!!
To: Lord Reith!
And, Thank you, rafael_szot!
A corner has been turned. But...
how much longer before we get there?
Peter Jackson will help the tapes more with his name than with A.I.!!! I hope it also happens that the dub reel of the original tape is made available. The tapes are never going to have casual listening function, but as a spotlight on important history, Lord Reith's slide show on Magnetophon Band is a potent antithesis to anything Apple would put out. The slide show could be better with a few more pictures. But, it is undeniable. Lord Reith's presentation--however flawed--has established the correct procedure to know what the tapes are. Like I said, casual listening is missing everything. I don't know if Zu Laut includes the slide show. If it doesn't, then it needs to be said. The Star Club Tapes have become instantly accessible. Lord Reith has turned them into an experience. History has entertainment value. It really does not need Peter Jackson that much. If you watch the slide show, you will listen to the entire double LP in a single sitting with a complete sense of ambience and thrilling that is NOT available on ANY reel of tape. When the slide show is over, you will understand why the tapes are the most important thing ever committed to ferrous oxide. You will feel like you've been to Germany. You will know that you are hearing the guys that are about to change modern culture. You will be the only one in the club who knows. You will be in Hamburg. The only thing that you won't be sure of is if the sun is coming up already. I'm sure NOBODY has ever gotten that from listening to the tapes. Tell Peter that he's 2 minutes past too late.
Zu Laut??? That means Too Loud!
Magnetophon Band slide show accomplished more than I could ever have imagined.
Can it be improved upon?
A tin of Prellies maybe!
KC

R.I.P. Stu
R.I.P. Astrid
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:39 pm Full STOP Commendations!!!
To: Lord Reith!
And, Thank you, rafael_szot!
A corner has been turned. But...
how much longer before we get there?
Peter Jackson will help the tapes more with his name than with A.I.!!! I hope it also happens that the dub reel of the original tape is made available. The tapes are never going to have casual listening function, but as a spotlight on important history, Lord Reith's slide show on Magnetophon Band is a potent antithesis to anything Apple would put out. The slide show could be better with a few more pictures. But, it is undeniable. Lord Reith's presentation--however flawed--has established the correct procedure to know what the tapes are. Like I said, casual listening is missing everything. I don't know if Zu Laut includes the slide show. If it doesn't, then it needs to be said. The Star Club Tapes have become instantly accessible. Lord Reith has turned them into an experience. History has entertainment value. It really does not need Peter Jackson that much. If you watch the slide show, you will listen to the entire double LP in a single sitting with a complete sense of ambience and thrilling that is NOT available on ANY reel of tape. When the slide show is over, you will understand why the tapes are the most important thing ever committed to ferrous oxide. You will feel like you've been to Germany. You will know that you are hearing the guys that are about to change modern culture. You will be the only one in the club who knows. You will be in Hamburg. The only thing that you won't be sure of is if the sun is coming up already. I'm sure NOBODY has ever gotten that from listening to the tapes. Tell Peter that he's 2 minutes past too late.
Zu Laut??? That means Too Loud!
Magnetophon Band slide show accomplished more than I could ever have imagined.
Can it be improved upon?
A tin of Prellies maybe!
KC

R.I.P. Stu
R.I.P. Astrid
Dude why such lengthy comments all the time?
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:40 pm Dude why such lengthy comments all the time?
How many guesses do I get?
Don't take it personally.
It costs you nothing to not read it.
I promise it isn't directed at you or anybody else.
Do you really want a reason?
Because life is too short.
Sorry, if I hurt your field mister!
KC
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:40 pm Dude why such lengthy comments all the time?
How long or short should a comment be?
Thank you, in advance!
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I enjoy Kwai Chang's ramblings. Not always sure what he's saying :P , but you can never have too many eccentrics in my opinion.
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Genuine passion you cant beat it even if it fills the whole screen.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

You know what Kwai, I'll actually change my mind. I'd rather listen to your ramblings than the irrational fans demanding a 50 hour Get Back.