First Pressing Sustitutes

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Dave1971

First Pressing Sustitutes

Post by Dave1971 »

Which release, in your opinion, (official or unofficial) is the best option to represent a first pressing LP when the real thing is unattainable.

I am looking to make a somewhat accurate chronological representation of the best sources that I have: Pictorial, Audio, and visual.

I began an introductory draft of what I want to accomplish that I will link to. It better explains what I want to accomplish. I was inspired by the old Come Together Project, along with numerous other things that would are too much to list at this time.

Thanks, Dave

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/19f8uJR87cYLH1vpvU9lURV1KRRfK-VgR/view?usp=sharing

It is hard to believe that I started this over 2 years ago! I have made some progress but I am still at the research stage.
Last edited by Dave1971 on Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
moptophugger

Re: First Pressing Sustitutes

Post by moptophugger »

Very interesting!
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Huge project, like a Mark Lewisohn in triplets or even more. But very interesting.
It's probably possible if everybody here helps out, but it is really an enormously HUGE task that will take a lot of time.
(I started something similar many many years ago, a complete sort of Beatles diary with all recording, filming and venue info etc I could gather in it, worked out two computer keyboards on it but when my wife suddenly died some 11 years ago I stopped, realizing I would never be able to finish it in my lifetime. But I'm still thinking about doing it, fool.)
Thanks Dave1971 :) Robert
Dave1971

Post by Dave1971 »

For the audio and video I use the whole Returning a Cheese et al compilation as inspiration. I actually started this a long time ago before I had a computer and compiled cassettes dubbed from various boots I had gathered when I was overseas and at local music stores back home with Mark Lewison's Recording Sessions book as my guide. I have been having a go at this off and on for at least 20 years or more starting with dial-up internet. Getting the files in order is easy though compared to the documentation I want to have with it. As detailed as I want with photos and researched information it would be a copywrite nightmare if done right.