Bongo

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
apesrfools

Bongo

Post by apesrfools »

Isn't it time that someone here creates a Ringo beatleg called "BONGO"?

It's Wilfred Brambell approved !
rtbcIII

Re: Bongo

Post by rtbcIII »

"'ello Bongo!!"

Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Dingo was the drummer of The Beagles!
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

You've reminded me what a cool name 'Ringo' is. We tend to forget. Okay, so he nicked it from a western, but it's still insanely cool.

I remember when I was a kid and first saw the Beatles cartoon, one of the things that struck me was that one of them had such a funny name. No wonder the Americans latched onto him during the first US visit.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:02 am You've reminded me what a cool name 'Ringo' is. We tend to forget. Okay, so he nicked it from a western, but it's still insanely cool.

I remember when I was a kid and first saw the Beatles cartoon, one of the things that struck me was that one of them had such a funny name. No wonder the Americans latched onto him during the first US visit.
England, The World, and The Beatles are lucky that Ringo returned to England in February 1964. After the the official Mania began, Ringo must have been in the crosshairs of Tinsel Town. Usually, eyes as blue as Ringo's are sufficient to get speaking Roles and/or a TV Show of your own. I guess some of the corporate brass must have been Beatles fans. Or, Nancy Sinatra may have been. It is a hierarchy, after all. But, he already had everything he needed to stay behind and just act naturally...including plenty of legal representation for a breech of contract formality.
Trust me, his eyes are that blue. Lorne who???
KC
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:02 am You've reminded me what a cool name 'Ringo' is. We tend to forget. Okay, so he nicked it from a western, but it's still insanely cool.

I beg to differ.

Ritchie got the nick due to his faschination of rings. You might be aware of his answer to the question. Why do you wear all thoose rings on your fingers.

The drummer answered, cause I cant have them all on my noose, so the story goes.

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Aaahhh...let's never forget "Bingo," the drummer for The Banana Splits!

What I've always read is close to what ATN describes...but with the added caveat that Ringo took the handle from early westerns to apply to himself for that very "ring" reason. But just remember...with hair and sticks he gained such fame, all through the States they praised the name of Ringo.

(Well, except where they would rather listen to Lorne Greene.)
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."