TheCentralBox - Safe or sketchy?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Fun 4 None

TheCentralBox - Safe or sketchy?

Post by Fun 4 None »

Hey there, while recently trying to acquire a music video, I encountered a website called TheCentralBox. While on the surface it looks like a typical bootleg download website, I'm getting some suspicious vibes. If anyone here has any knowledge about it or experience with it let me know. I haven't created an account yet.
Fun 4 None

Re: TheCentralBox - Safe or sketchy?

Post by Fun 4 None »

This might've fit better in tech support I'm not sure
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

My vote is stay away.
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

thewarpedvinyljunkie wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:52 am My vote is stay away.
Have you used it?
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Yes. Well, kind of. I tried, and my security program kept giving me "this site is known to be unsafe" messages.
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

thewarpedvinyljunkie wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:24 pm Yes. Well, kind of. I tried, and my security program kept giving me "this site is known to be unsafe" messages.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. My concerns with the website is it gave vibes of being used for illegal things beyond bootlegged music footage. I hope it's just a safe music bootleg website but my suspicions persist.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Forst message you receive after registering:
Dear TCB users, I am not one of those people who remain silent. This is an awareness message. TCB can no longer have PayPal accounts because PP doesn't like what we do in this forum, for that reason, for weeks only Money Gram and Wester Union are accepted. But there are no more donations. What happens is that no donor wants to use any of these 2 platforms/apps due to the laziness of creating an account there, and what they don't realize is the damage they are doing to this forum. I inform you that if no donor puts a little of his part, this forum closes in 3 months. Creating an account and adding your card only takes 3 minutes of your time. To send money you only have to write a name and nothing else. Once registered, the transfer of money is done in exactly 15 seconds. Or is it too much to ask? It is up to the donors if this forum continues or the story of TCB ends here. Thanks.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Track06 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 pm Forst message you receive after registering:
Dear TCB users, I am not one of those people who remain silent. This is an awareness message. TCB can no longer have PayPal accounts because PP doesn't like what we do in this forum, for that reason, for weeks only Money Gram and Wester Union are accepted. But there are no more donations. What happens is that no donor wants to use any of these 2 platforms/apps due to the laziness of creating an account there, and what they don't realize is the damage they are doing to this forum. I inform you that if no donor puts a little of his part, this forum closes in 3 months. Creating an account and adding your card only takes 3 minutes of your time. To send money you only have to write a name and nothing else. Once registered, the transfer of money is done in exactly 15 seconds. Or is it too much to ask? It is up to the donors if this forum continues or the story of TCB ends here. Thanks.
Hi Track, so how do you personally feel about the site?
Track06

Post by Track06 »

The page may be OK, but asking for donations quite agressively is enough to turn me off.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Track06 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:22 am The page may be OK, but asking for donations quite agressively is enough to turn me off.
Interesting, yeah that's questionable. In this quest so far I haven't heard good about this place