The Story Of Saturday Club

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
fabwill

Re: The Story Of Saturday Club

Post by fabwill »

[/quote]

I found the interviews in this special really interesting. I love Bernie saying that Jerry Lee wanted to record a whole album at the session! What a shame he didn't. Also we get Brian Mathew giving vocal impersonations of two figures from Beatles BBC Folklore: Jim Davison and John Clark-Maxwell. I had no idea Brian was so good at voices! Some of these interviews were re-used in the 2009 Beatles At The Beeb special but are more complete here.

If you're tossing up whether to download this grab it now. It's really good.
[/quote]

I hate to be 'that' guy, but the link's dead?
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

I checked my archive and I already had this as an mp3, although I don't know when or where I got it from. It would appear to have been broadcast in the slot usually occupied by "Sounds Of The Sixties" on Saturday morning, 08:00 'till 10:00 a.m, BBC Radio 2, 3rd Oct 1998.

Here's my file if anyone's interested...not sure if it's any better than LR's though.

mp3 - 128kb; hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1teRXXf6JZjc07Oizk1zkdLEllnGSJVon?usp=sharing :)
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Thanks so much!

Post by 1822 »

What a lovely listen, LR... TX!

Makes me wonder if someone has ever compiled a list of what shows, or part of shows, have been saved besides the Beatles...

Anyway, tx again!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

harrythebannister wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:49 pm I checked my archive and I already had this as an mp3, although I don't know when or where I got it from. It would appear to have been broadcast in the slot usually occupied by "Sounds Of The Sixties" on Saturday morning, 08:00 'till 10:00 a.m, BBC Radio 2, 3rd Oct 1998.

Here's my file if anyone's interested...not sure if it's any better than LR's though.

mp3 - 128kb; hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1teRXXf6JZjc07Oizk1zkdLEllnGSJVon?usp=sharing :)

Oh wow yours is much better. Many thanks!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 am
harrythebannister wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:49 pm I checked my archive and I already had this as an mp3, although I don't know when or where I got it from. It would appear to have been broadcast in the slot usually occupied by "Sounds Of The Sixties" on Saturday morning, 08:00 'till 10:00 a.m, BBC Radio 2, 3rd Oct 1998.

Oh wow yours is much better. Many thanks!
Good to hear....I hadn’t listened to yours so I wasn’t sure.