The 40 Biggest Hits by The Beatles Together and Apart - American Top 40 (1981)

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Mrbeatleg

The 40 Biggest Hits by The Beatles Together and Apart - American Top 40 (1981)

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Don't remember where or from who I got this but it's a great listen.

Cudos to the original uploader

AT40.JPG
AT40.JPG (67.29 KiB) Viewed 583 times

hxxps://we.tl/t-oopZo97uUD
harrythebannister

Re: The 40 Biggest Hits by The Beatles Together and Apart - American Top 40 (1981)

Post by harrythebannister »

Thanks.....anything hosted by Casey Kasem is going to be great. Loved his Top 40 shows.

As a matter of interest does anyone have any of his regular Top 40 shows. I'm looking for the period 1970 to about 1980.
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Re: The 40 Biggest Hits by The Beatles Together and Apart - American Top 40 (1981)

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Harry, I don't have any of his shows (which is strange, since I've got less common shows in my collection), but I really want to thank you, Mr. Beatleg, for this. I'm about to burn it to a CD so I can listen to it back and forth to work (that's a lot quicker than putting it on my iPad!).
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
bulldog69

Post by bulldog69 »

Thanks a lot Tom this is great i love it i got this one to while back, we have a 1hr or 2hrs show here in LA TOP 10 20 80's every sunday :D
Bless you wherever you are :)
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

Just listening through today, and I have to say, shame on CK for listening to his writers for #39...even I knew way before 1981 that "Penny Lane" was about Paul's memories, not John's. Wonder what other gaffes lay in store? I quit listening to Bob Dylan's Theme Time when I heard him repeat three mistakes which his writers wrote on, like, the third or fourth show (as I remember), the one about fathers. I'm guessing that many times "fact-checkers" have not been a thing. But this is still a fun show to listen to, and reminds me of how in the early '70s I would not miss an AT40 for love nor money. Thanks again!
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."