Beatles Monopoly

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Wogew

Re: Beatles Monopoly

Post by Wogew »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:01 pm I didn't know there was a real Beatles Monopoly! :shock:

It looks very boring though. We could design a way better version than that.

I would also like an alternate Beatles Monopoly based on their pre-fame years. "Congratulations! You get to piss on some nuns" or "Go directly to the Grosse Freiheit and get the shit kicked out of you!" or "Somebody in the audience spotted you can't play bass - go back to GO"

And so on.
Yeah I was discussing the idea of a Beatles monopoly game years before it became a reality. Of course when the official one came, it was nothing like the one we had imagined, we wanted real street names like Penny Lane, Abbey Road, Savile Row, Green Street, Soho Square, Cavendish Avenue, Menlove Avenue, Admiral Grove, Manchester Square, Forthlin Road, Western Avenue, Upton Green, Hayman's Green, Mathew Street, etc.
jpgr0420

Post by jpgr0420 »

There's a Yellow Submarine Monopoly game also.
WoodLennon

Post by WoodLennon »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:01 pm It looks very boring though. We could design a way better version than that.

I would also like an alternate Beatles Monopoly based on their pre-fame years. "Congratulations! You get to piss on some nuns" or "Go directly to the Grosse Freiheit and get the shit kicked out of you!"
That sounds like if it was from the Mötley Crüe Monopoly, which also would be dope as hell
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

AllTogetherNow wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:40 pm
I am also a member of that club :lol:

The Idea of creating a New Monopoly Set is a great one,, who else is up for the game.... :P

Regards
ATN
Yeah, let's do it. We can make some 3D printer files for the pieces and make the board printable in four squares that can be glued to a cardboard back.

For starters, the pieces should obviously be... a violin bass, a Rickenbacker 625 or whatever it was, a Gretsch, a Ricky Electric String, a Jumbo Gibson, a Ludwig drum kit and so on.

The properties should be named after Beatles streets like Mathew Street, not albums (which is really dumb).

The money can be filched from any regular Monopoly game.

The hotels could be replicas of the Apple Boutique or something.

Loads of fun.
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

I have a recommendation, not sure if y'all think it would fly, but here goes.

Instead of the "home" space simply being the rather boring "GO→" can we rename it "Reeperbahn→"?
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

thewarpedvinyljunkie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:21 pm I have a recommendation, not sure if y'all think it would fly, but here goes.

Instead of the "home" space simply being the rather boring "GO→" can we rename it "Reeperbahn→"?
Or we can be sent to the Cavern cellar to look for some talent :oops:

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Was there ever a Beatles pinball machine?

I was a pinball wizz at high school, but my passion faded when it all got too gimmicky around the late 80s. So I'm not sure if there ever was one.

And, please, don't mention that cheap plastic yellow submarine thing. :evil: I mean a real full sized game.
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:02 am Was there ever a Beatles pinball machine?

I was a pinball wizz at high school, but my passion faded when it all got too gimmicky around the late 80s. So I'm not sure if there ever was one.

And, please, don't mention that cheap plastic yellow submarine thing. :evil: I mean a real full sized game.
There is!

https://sternpinball.com/game/beatles/
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:01 pm I didn't know there was a real Beatles Monopoly! :shock:

It looks very boring though. We could design a way better version than that.

I would also like an alternate Beatles Monopoly based on their pre-fame years. "Congratulations! You get to piss on some nuns" or "Go directly to the Grosse Freiheit and get the shit kicked out of you!" or "Somebody in the audience spotted you can't play bass - go back to GO"

And so on.
Sounds terribly demented. I love it!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

moptophugger wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:17 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:02 am Was there ever a Beatles pinball machine?

There is!

https://sternpinball.com/game/beatles/
OH. MY. GOD.

I have to have one of these! That is my wildest dreams come true!

Aside from that, I've decided what we also really need is a Bootleg Monopoly. You'd have classic boot labels instead of properties, and classic Beatlegs instead of hotels. Some of the cards could include, "Due to a mastering error only one channel of the stereo came out on the cd - go back to GO", and "You have taped a rare recording off a radio documentary - release a double album full of rehashed songs and collect $200"
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene