All Day And All Of The Night

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Ziggy C

All Day And All Of The Night

Post by Ziggy C »

Here's something fun to consider:

If you were to sit down and listen through or watch through your Beatles archive, every bootleg and official release, every movie and DVD, how many hours would it take? Days? Years? Are there enough hours in the day? How much of it would be duplicated in various levels of quality improvement?

Also consider there's always some new snippet of audio or video coming to light.

How about Led Zeppelin? Or Pink Floyd or Jimi Hendrix? Or Hamilton, Joe Frank, & Reynolds?
Ziggy C

Re: All Day And All Of The Night

Post by Ziggy C »

Thanks to whichever admin moved this to the correct thread.
skynet

Post by skynet »

Ziggy C wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:24 am Here's something fun to consider:

If you were to sit down and listen through or watch through your Beatles archive, every bootleg and official release, every movie and DVD, how many hours would it take? Days? Years? Are there enough hours in the day? How much of it would be duplicated in various levels of quality improvement?

Also consider there's always some new snippet of audio or video coming to light.

How about Led Zeppelin? Or Pink Floyd or Jimi Hendrix? Or Hamilton, Joe Frank, & Reynolds?
Ok, this is a question REALLY, and i mean REALLLLYYY hard to answer: For Beatles is a no Brainer, i would never be able to accomplish that in one single sit down session, we are talking, what? years, here, no way in hell it will happen with me :D :)

For Pink Floyd although easier, it will take at least 2 to 3 months :roll: :roll: , for Zep it will be even easier, that i think just one single week :)

for sure it will be a daunting task :)
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Brain damage is what I'm after...
chromosome damage is just gravy!
Listen to all of it??? Is that even a logistical possibility?
If it is, can an individual discern the nuance in a cognitive manner...or, must one rely on artificial intelligence and circuitry to do so?
Is there a need to split the hairs that no one can see? And, can completeness be realized or is it purely theoretical?
And, is any of that the reason we listen to Beatles music? Most bootlegs are strictly novelty items anyway. Stem technology is such that it may already be impossible to know what we are listening to. THAT is all secondary, anyway. What matters most is that All music leads back to The Beatles. And, our real concerns might best involve protecting the ability to determine pedigree and provenance with accuracy. The reward for all of the effort needn't be irony. The magic of The Beatles' music is the nonconformity of its creation. Some of it isn't even music. But, it is always clever. So, original mixes will always be the most important Beatles music.
It cannot be created or destroyed...only changed from one form to another.
Perhaps, it is the mother of all things.
Move over Jesus,
Beatles music is more popular than The Beatles!
(Huh???)
KC