Alarm clock bells in Monkees' "Daydream Believer"?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
paul62

Re: Alarm clock bells in Monkees' "Daydream Believer"?

Post by paul62 »

Keeping the ear canals clean of wax can be helpful: some people shed wax easily (but others tend to build it up until they get blocked up ears).
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
studio_two

Post by studio_two »

Anyone know what is whispered in the left channel at 0:12? Sounds a bit like “Everyone”. I never noticed it before until I just checked to see if I could hear the alarm.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Oh boy, I couldn't hear it either even with headphones until I isolated the R channel and turned it up a bit...
hogshead of hellfire

Post by hogshead of hellfire »

I found it on the album version of B, B, & M. The first time it goes off in the background is around :34 and it runs for nearly ten seconds (hard NOT to hear, really). It goes off again, briefly, around 2:07 as well.

24/96
change "xx" to tt
hxxps://mega.nz/file/0VUiGRKQ#Xvp4rhxYi ... aZwUlBz-y4
DocBeaulieu

Post by DocBeaulieu »

Damn. I have listened over and over and over, and I cannot hear the alarm. I just brought my wife in the room to listen, and she hears it plain as day on the first listen. I have documented high-frequency hearing loss, so not surprised, I guess. Too many years on stage and at shows without ear protection. Age 57. Rat farts! On the other hand, it probably explains why I am rather fond of the Giles Martin mixes.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

I hope you all are listening in headphones. Certain recordings have small details which can be heard only when listening in a certain way. For example, how many of you can hear a female voice at the beginning of The Doors' Light My Fire? it has nothing to do with the recording, yet it is printed to the tape, as it's on both stereo and mono. I think they were given a used tape back in 1966 for what turned out to be their main hit.
kieranjames

Post by kieranjames »

I cannot hear any alarm bell in the song. Could be due to my age (55). My hearing is generally still very good but maybe some frequencies have disappeared over time.
I found this online test. For me it goes silent at around 13,000 Hz.

https://www.onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html

Edit: I switched my headphones around and I could clearly hear the alarm bell sound in my left ear. Switched them back round and it's far less pronounced in my right ear.
etk01

Post by etk01 »

Not sure if this is helpful but a couple of years ago, I found a full-clean acapella and instrumental mix of the song and the bells is heard on the instrumental one so here's the link where I found it...

hXXp://www.mediafire.com/file/7bghemfbu5rb4f6/

Just in case, I throw in the link to the pella since I'm surprised both of these are not available on Monkee Mixes or elsewhere (it's not even mentioned on Monkees Mixography)...

hXXp://www.mediafire.com/file/lgrmimm462wt92m/

Enjoy :)
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks etk01, that helps!

And here we all are like ding-dongs downloading 24/192 rips of stuff, as if.............
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Here's Daydream Believer in 4.0 ;-)

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1jRAE3rpQopn8YVY05v4orGzzRxAgH59_/view?usp=sharing