A very amateur mini-documentary exploring The Beatles use of LSD

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Bettinahamburg

A very amateur mini-documentary exploring The Beatles use of LSD

Post by Bettinahamburg »

I feel as though there is an ocean of stories and information about The Beatles that disappear because people don't read books much these days. I would love to keep making these mini-docs about them and try to tell the story correctly. This is my first attempt so I would love it if someone could let me know if it's any good or if it's all just utterly crap.

I realise this probably isn't the website to share this kind of thing but I figured there's no other community with such die-hard Beatles fans so I thought meh why not
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Re: A very amateur mini-documentary exploring The Beatles use of LSD

Post by WilliamShears »

Good job! I like these little “micro-dose” (for lack of a better word :lol: ) docs where it’s focused on a single specific topic and you can get in and out in 20 minutes. Keep them coming!
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

I really enjoyed it. Thanks!

My only possible feedback would be when John was talking about Peter Fonda you should have played She Said She Said since that song was directly influenced by that experience.
tdgrnwld

Post by tdgrnwld »

Thanks, Bettinahamburg. I enjoyed that. I've heard most of those interviews at one time or another, but it was helpful to hear them assembled into a coherent story. (BTW As I recall, at the tail end of one of those early trips, John and Paul hung out drawing pictures and imagining they were in a yellow submarine.) There is an epilog, if I'm not mistaken: George never stopped taking psychedelics altogether. John never stopped taking them, either; didn't Fred Seaman write about procuring mushrooms for John? Paul smoked a ton of pot and believe that he, too, continued to indulge in psychedelics. And Ringo succumbed to alcohol.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

I've read in Luca Perasi's book that Paul was still taking acid at least periodically up until the time of The Fireman recordings. I don't know his sources of information, but that's what I gleaned from reading his book.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

Everything was new at this time. I guess taking LSD was not about having fun and to be "high" as f... but to push the boundaries of your consciousness for a better knowledge of yourself.
Scores on The Beatles music- https://musescore.com/artist/the_beatles-129358
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-composition