A reminder for folks to be wary of Disney

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

A reminder for folks to be wary of Disney

Post by Lord Reith »

I just thought it worth saying that we should be very careful what we post at this time in regards to PJ's series. Disney are incredibly protective of their content and have a history of going on the offensive. Already they have brought Maxwell's Silver Hammer down upon loads of short youtube clips.

I don't want to sound like Paul here, but maybe we should have an embargo on any sound and video for the meantime if it is derived from the tv series?

I'd appreciate peoples' thoughts on this.
jw224

Re: A reminder for folks to be wary of Disney

Post by jw224 »

I would think that anything posted will be taken down rather quickly so agreed that it's best not to atm. I also personally think that this will carry on well into the future so the outlook of much being shared using material from the doc is rather grim.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Disney is an evil empire…somebody had to say it!

:twisted:
Jukka

Post by Jukka »

+1
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

jw224 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 pm I would think that anything posted will be taken down rather quickly so agreed that it's best not to atm. I also personally think that this will carry on well into the future so the outlook of much being shared using material from the doc is rather grim.
It's possible to upload to another bootleg site and to provide here just a general direction.
Martin85

Post by Martin85 »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:44 pm I just thought it worth saying that we should be very careful what we post at this time in regards to PJ's series. Disney are incredibly protective of their content and have a history of going on the offensive. Already they have brought Maxwell's Silver Hammer down upon loads of short youtube clips.

I don't want to sound like Paul here, but maybe we should have an embargo on any sound and video for the meantime if it is derived from the tv series?

Or maybe post with a code name, like "mice records", or something.
Anyway, I'm going to make my own rips and edits.
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

Usually when I get one of these warnings for what I post on youtube... most of the time it's a warning that the video will be released officially at a later date. Happened with the Get Back footage, the Lennon POB demos, Pauls One Hand Clapping video, and many others that I kind of hope WILL be released soon (non Beatle-related). But just to post something that was officially released days ago, for obvious reasons you will get your channel pulled, being Disney or not.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:44 pm I just thought it worth saying that we should be very careful what we post at this time in regards to PJ's series. Disney are incredibly protective of their content and have a history of going on the offensive. Already they have brought Maxwell's Silver Hammer down upon loads of short youtube clips.

Yes this is where we are at. We’ve been given an incredible gift for this series and we need to support the team that gave it to us, while making sure the forum is protected.

We need to let the Mouse have their day and doing so will encourage more content from them in the future.

I’ve been removing links to material and discussions about getting the material the last several days and will continue to do so. Please do not share any content from the Get Back series.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1704&p=25088#p25088

Thank you
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:37 pm Disney is an evil empire…somebody had to say it!

:twisted:
Oh yeah! And so are the Beatles! And the Teletubbies. Someone else had to say it. ;)
Todd

Post by Todd »

They haven't been terribly aggressive toward the 4K Star Wars restorations.