A treasure trove of cassettes, some are rare

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
zaval80

A treasure trove of cassettes, some are rare

Post by zaval80 »

If I understood right, it's not welcome to post here links to "resources", but this is something I did not expect to find on the Web, yet it is here and excites the imagination, a vast resource of stuff of every kind. Some shows are obviously rare - some are the well-known fodder, from cassettes or even CDs copied to cassettes in some cases. The Beatles, solo Beatles, lots of other artists, rare BBC and TV recordings. No tracklists, sadly, but does one really need a tracklist to grab a short but sweet Eddie Cochran broadcast from 1960.

So: go to Guitars101, find the "Lossless Bootlegs" section there, go to page 2 (as of today - the thread in question can go higher or lower than this position of today), find thread "Various Artist - Random WAV Shows", follow the links given there - various links to at lest 2 Filefactory folders on two pages.
Lord Reith

Re: A treasure trove of cassettes, some are rare

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks. Download Sullivan rehearsal for the 23rd?

Gotta be the actual broadcast, but I'm a mug. I'll give it a punt. :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

There is something even better - 1.2 Gb (in WAV, I think) of "Band on the Run" outtakes :lol: in the Paul McCartney folder.

Whoever sets eyes on the Beach Boys "1966 sessions Smile outtakes", these are from the Vigotone boot, and not complete at the end of CD2.
LFSDoc

Post by LFSDoc »

Thanks for the heads-up, the source of these cassettes is a guy I used to trade tapes with in the 80's, so I guess several of the Beatles files are very likely from my collection :D I had a look at the Hendrix section and there's definitely many titles I sent him... Nice memories!
Doc

p.s.: and yes, he sent me my first Smile cassette too!
Purple Chick

Post by Purple Chick »

zaval80 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:43 pmNo tracklists, sadly, but does one really need a tracklist to grab a short but sweet Eddie Cochran broadcast from 1960.
Unless it's a complete shocker, that's probably the same Eddie Cochran broadcast as has been officially released a few times.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Purple Chick wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:16 pm Unless it's a complete shocker, that's probably the same Eddie Cochran broadcast as has been officially released a few times.
Could be; it's a pain in the ass to detect the true nuggets, but at least for short things like TV/radio masters it's easier to download without thinking much of their worth. Like, I've noticed Pink Robert uploaded 2 shows by Nico recently, which probably are from this collection - they are the very ones I set my eyes on before deciding to check new ones at the PR forum. And I don't think I ever saw an outtake of Ry Cooder from Argent Studios in 1970.

BTW, the links given by the guy at Guitars101 lead to slightly different folders. The most complete one for the artists (for example, it has Nico) is given in the last message.

Also, some shows are misplaced. I saw a John Cale one in the Clapton folder.
Egg_Crisis

Post by Egg_Crisis »

Purple Chick wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:16 pm
zaval80 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:43 pmNo tracklists, sadly, but does one really need a tracklist to grab a short but sweet Eddie Cochran broadcast from 1960.
Unless it's a complete shocker, that's probably the same Eddie Cochran broadcast as has been officially released a few times.
Yeah it's available to hear here in full...