The Bootleged From BeatlegDB Thread

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
dannysonar

Re: The Bootleged From BeatlegDB Thread

Post by dannysonar »

Nimbus wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:37 pm Well, at least they have made some new artwork that we can rip off :)
Did somebody notice "GLow old with me" on the back cover ?
Fortunately there is no track featuring Eric Crapton...
micktanner

Post by micktanner »

Nimbus wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:37 pm Well, at least they have made some new artwork that we can rip off :)
Regarding "DAP" and the pinching of Lord Reith's 'The Quiet One', if your gonna use their artwork it may as well reflect the good Lord's work!

Fixed back cd cover: hxxps://we.tl/t-mkxQhaZBaR
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

micktanner wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:46 pm
Regarding "DAP" and the pinching of Lord Reith's 'The Quiet One', if your gonna use their artwork it may as well reflect the good Lord's work!

Fixed back cd cover: hxxps://we.tl/t-mkxQhaZBaR
LOL. Didn't spot that one. I'm looking forward to hearing 'Old Blown Shoe'.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Patrick Healy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:04 pm Now DAP have stolen Lord Reith's 'The Quiet Album', apparently produced by 'overseas Beatles sound source collectors'...
https://www.giginjapan.com/beatles-quiet-album/
It doesn't bother me, really. If people are going to spend their money anyway, they may as well get something worthwhile. The only time I got upset was when Empress Valley attributed the Magnetophon Band audio production to themselves.
tanalour

Post by tanalour »

millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

I've seen my Glyn Johns Multitrack Reel Reconstructions being sold, too - nature of the beast. I learned not to care and consider it a badge of honor to have made something so good, it's being sold! Do wish the fools buying them only knew they can find these items for free LOLOL
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

millerTEK wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:15 pm I've seen my Glyn Johns Multitrack Reel Reconstructions being sold, too - nature of the beast. I learned not to care and consider it a badge of honor to have made something so good, it's being sold! Do wish the fools buying them only knew they can find these items for free LOLOL
99% of fans are never going to discover the free versions. It's another world to them. And if everyone knew, it'd all come crashing down very quickly. A group like this must remain very small by definition for it to exist.

I figure that at least they are getting their money's worth. People waste their money on so much crap, be it sneakers, clothes, booze, phones or whatever. There's much worse things they could throw their cash away on. The only time it bugged me is when I had worked for a year restoring the Star Club and Empress Valley credited the work to two other guys. That made me really cross.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:42 pm The only time it bugged me is when I had worked for a year restoring the Star Club and Empress Valley credited the work to two other guys. That made me really cross.
You need a pseudonym of Hugo & Luigi kind :lol:
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:42 pm
millerTEK wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:15 pm I've seen my Glyn Johns Multitrack Reel Reconstructions being sold, too - nature of the beast. I learned not to care and consider it a badge of honor to have made something so good, it's being sold! Do wish the fools buying them only knew they can find these items for free LOLOL
99% of fans are never going to discover the free versions. It's another world to them. And if everyone knew, it'd all come crashing down very quickly. A group like this must remain very small by definition for it to exist.

I figure that at least they are getting their money's worth. People waste their money on so much crap, be it sneakers, clothes, booze, phones or whatever. There's much worse things they could throw their cash away on. The only time it bugged me is when I had worked for a year restoring the Star Club and Empress Valley credited the work to two other guys. That made me really cross.
Totally Lord - it's all about the benjamins, brutha - but we love our Beatles and will still continue to create things for ourselves and share with others : )