So are we getting Revolver SDE next year?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Re: So are we getting Revolver SDE next year?

Post by Lord Reith »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:22 pm Does anyone remember an interview Giles made during the wait for the White Album box set? I remember one interview he gave that was on YouTube a couple years back where he said they already did remix the other early albums around the same time they were remixing Sgt. Pepper for it's box set but they haven't determined how those would be released in the future because they didn't find enough material that would make worthy box sets for every album made.
That is very interesting. I have never heard that before. If they did remix the earlier albums then they were probably simple remixes without any demixing, because prior to 2018 that technology was still fairly unimpressive.
Also before the whole pandemic and the Get Back film project grew into a 6 hour thing, they were originally going to start releasing all the albums from Please Please Me through Revolver as 2 CD sets, Remaster + mono +bonus tracks but that idea got scrapped too. So until they all can agree on how to release them, I don't think there will be much new for at least another year. Much like how they spaced out box sets, they will most likely take a short break at the least.
That might have been the plan but with demixing now on the table I don't think they would be rushing to issue albums so rapidly. Each one would need a ton of work, and I know that for a fact because I've demixed nine of them.
Golem wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:29 pm I see a lot of talk of the next boxset being some remix of the first 4 albums in one set, but I really don't see them doing this since doing 2 track albums with the current AI would still be pretty hard.
Yes I think that is probably old intel from a few years ago. A lot has changed since then. AHDN and BFS could easily have full deluxe editions because there are masses of live alternate takes and the simple step of separating drums and bass to the centre would make them sufficiently different from the regular stereo albums to warrant their separate release. PPM and WTB would not warrant SDE status in Apple's eyes with only a handful of usable outtakes and little possibility of a 5.1 mix, so I think we may get single disc editions with two or three bonus tracks thrown in. RS is of course in desperate need of remixing but would also probably not adapt well to 5.1 and has very few outtakes that aren't just instrumental tracks or are already on Anthology. So, once again, RS may be a single disc. Revolver has more possibilities and I think given its stature it would be given the full SDE treatment.
I do wonder if we'll ever see MMT tho, I guess yellow sub is probably off the table to, but maybe we'll get that in the past masters box set.
I wonder if they think of it as being covered already by the various blurays, which between them contain all the songs bar Baby You're a Rich man and even that is on the YS Songtrack.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Golem

Re: So are we getting Revolver SDE next year?

Post by Golem »

I wonder if they think of it as being covered already by the various blurays, which between them contain all the songs bar Baby You're a Rich man and even that is on the YS Songtrack.
Def could be the case, the only thing that makes me think otherwise is that they've been remixing songs from 1, it makes me think the SDE's are supposed to be akin to the John Ultimate Mixes, and that these are supposed to be the definitive new mixes, with everything else being ignored.