So are we getting Revolver SDE next year?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

So are we getting Revolver SDE next year?

Post by Lord Reith »

Giles has been throwing water on this rumour by saying demixing technology is not good enough, but may it just be a ruse to throw people off the scent?

I recall when he let slip that he'd been listening to some White Album tracks and fans immediately took that as a confirmation of a WA set, he quickly backpedalled and said he was not remixing it (only a half lie... he'd probably actually finished mixing it).
bobzilla

Re: So are we getting Revolver SDE next year?

Post by bobzilla »

"I am not currently working on remixing Revolver... it's my lunch break." ~Giles Martin
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Does anyone remember an interview Giles made during the wait for the White Album box set? I remember one interview he gave that was on YouTube a couple years back where he said they already did remix the other early albums around the same time they were remixing Sgt. Pepper for it's box set but they haven't determined how those would be released in the future because they didn't find enough material that would make worthy box sets for every album made. Also before the whole pandemic and the Get Back film project grew into a 6 hour thing, they were originally going to start releasing all the albums from Please Please Me through Revolver as 2 CD sets, Remaster + mono +bonus tracks but that idea got scrapped too. So until they all can agree on how to release them, I don't think there will be much new for at least another year. Much like how they spaced out box sets, they will most likely take a short break at the least.
Golem

Post by Golem »

I see a lot of talk of the next boxset being some remix of the first 4 albums in one set, but I really don't see them doing this since doing 2 track albums with the current AI would still be pretty hard.

I could see revolver, Sgt Pepper and revolver are both 4 track, so I can't imagine it would be too much harder. I'd be happy to see it since it's the album with the least bootlegged content.

I do wonder if we'll ever see MMT tho, I guess yellow sub is probably off the table to, but maybe we'll get that in the past masters box set.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

IMHO Rubber Soul, Revolver and MMT would be the best choices for SDE.
Yves
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

yymca6 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:07 pm IMHO Rubber Soul, Revolver and MMT would be the best choices for SDE.
I agree Yves 8-)
—Keith
Doug

Post by Doug »

yymca6 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:07 pm IMHO Rubber Soul, Revolver and MMT would be the best choices for SDE.
Every album The Beatles made is important enough to be issued this way. If they can put out a deluxe edition of "Let It Be," which is inarguably their worst album, they have no excuse for not doing the rest of them.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Doug wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:28 pm
Every album The Beatles made is important enough to be issued this way. If they can put out a deluxe edition of "Let It Be," which is inarguably their worst album, they have no excuse for not doing the rest of them.
Well said!
Yves
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

This is very heartening.

To know that there is the prospect of more high quality product in the pipeline is simply marvelous :)
Jukka

Post by Jukka »

I hope so. Revolver is my favourite beatle album.