Call Me Caroline - Abbey Road

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
MrMurphMcgee

Call Me Caroline - Abbey Road

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Last edited by MrMurphMcgee on Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 12 times in total.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Re: Call Me Caroline - FIRST Listen to Yes it is & I'm Down + Beatles Bingo Music edition...

Post by WilliamShears »

So it is really fascinating to watch someone describe their initial reactions to songs I’ve heard more times than I can count. Just finished her Help! review and am looking forward to when she gets to Revolution 9 :lol:
Lord Reith

Re: Call Me Caroline - FIRST Listen to Yes it is & I'm Down + Beatles Bingo Music edition...

Post by Lord Reith »

Yeah during the Help album she wonders whether they'll start using more "orchestral" instruments on future albums. It'll be very interesting to see the reaction to I Am The Walrus!

One thing I've become aware of watching these that I had not considered before is how attitudes have changed towards lyrics. For instance, she seemed to find the lyrics to You Can't Do That offensive. When I thought about it, I realised that you do not hear that kind of things from a male perspective any more. The charts are full of songs with girls singing "You're a cheater, I hate you, gonna get rid of you" but all the songs sung by guys (disregarding hardcore gangsta rap/hip hop) have syrupy lyrics full of "I love you, you're my one true love, you're the best thing that ever happened to me". It's very, very polarised. So I think it is quite a shock for younger people to hear a record where the guy is not being, erm "supportive". :lol:

I also enjoy her picking out of the instruments. This will become interesting when she gets to the electronically altered sounds of 1967.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Yes when she got to You Can’t do That and made those comments I was thinking wait until she gets to Run For your Life or Getting Better!

Her reaction to BFS was pretty spot on and she even made me think differently about Mr Moonlight.

Overall I’m totally sucked in and can’t wait until her next video drop. She’s picking up on their style progression and showing genuine excitement about the most subtle parts of songs that gives me new appreciation all over again. Very cool project…
MrMurphMcgee

Re: Call Me Caroline - Top Ten Songs (So Far)

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

New video. She also reveals that she bought her first Beatles book. You have to love it.

MrMurphMcgee

Re: Call Me Caroline - Top Ten Songs (So Far)

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

She also has a separate channel for her own performances and here she gives I've Just Seen a Face a spin.

I love seeing someone become a fan.

MrMurphMcgee

Re: Call Me Caroline - Rubber Soul

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Rubber Soul

MrMurphMcgee

Re: Call Me Caroline - Day Tripper/We Can Work it Out

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Tex

Post by Tex »

It's a shame she's listening to the official mix of "Day Tripper" with all that reverb. The clean mix below is much nicer.
hxxps://we.tl/t-tthauseEID
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Geez I have to play catch up with these. I'd like to know what she thought of RS.

I felt so sorry for her when she said "my parents never listened to The Beatles". I feel like that is a kind of child abuse.