Misheard Beatle Lyrics

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Re: Misheard Beatle Lyrics

Post by Lord Reith »

mojofilter wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 pm And it has that verse that ends with "the girl with colitis go by..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul McCartney said one of his friends thought the first line of Strawberry Fields was "living is easy with nice clothes."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I guess it is?
ennolenno wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:06 pm :lol:
To me as a German, this is British humour at it's best. Just like Monty Python, or Benny Hill, or the "Carry On..." series. When I first saw these, I nearly wet myself for laughing.
I'm thrilled to be able to amuse those of you on the continent... sorry, I mean those of you with incontinence. :P
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Until very recently I thought the first line of the Honeymoon Song was "I never knew that a day like today there'd be forests." I did wonder if this was a little soppy, but then it's a soppy song.

I used to think the first line of Don't Ever Change was "You never wear a such up lace." Yes, that makes no sense whatsoever but I thought maybe it was some women's thing (the line is actually "you never wear a stitch of lace")

Some of the funniest misheard lyrics can be found in the Japanese transcriptions of the English lyrics that came with the Japanese albums. Thus "tuned to a natural E" in Baby You're A Rich Man becomes the far more cryptic "Tulles, you have everything." Tulles is obviously a friend of the girl whose bird can sing. If I ever have a son, I shall call him Tulles, and whenever he asks for stuff I'll say, "Tulles, you have everything."
RAJ

Post by RAJ »

"Working for peanuts and strawberry wine
But i can show you a better time."

Drive My Car
walrus gumboot

Post by walrus gumboot »

I buried Paul :lol: :lol: :lol:
ennolenno

Post by ennolenno »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:13 am
ennolenno wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:06 pm :lol:
To me as a German, this is British humour at it's best. Just like Monty Python, or Benny Hill, or the "Carry On..." series. When I first saw these, I nearly wet myself for laughing.
I'm thrilled to be able to amuse those of you on the continent... sorry, I mean those of you with incontinence. :P
Our continuing continental incontinence is not funny! :o Sometimes. :lol:
Suzy Parlourphone

Post by Suzy Parlourphone »

For a long time, in "Matchbox" I heard the lyrics as "You know I'm sitting here watching, matchbox holding my clothes." Very tiny clothes.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:41 am I used to think the first line of Don't Ever Change was "You never wear a such up lace." Yes, that makes no sense whatsoever but I thought maybe it was some women's thing (the line is actually "you never wear a stitch of lace")
Ha! Until I saw this, I always thought the line was "You never wear a stitch of late." Meaning, I supposed, the woman wears older, unfashionable items rather than the latest fashions?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

RAJ wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:17 pm "Working for peanuts and strawberry wine
Ha ha! Tasty!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I might also say that I still don't have a clue what the words are to at least 50% of Bad Boy. I'm tempted to look them up, but that would spoil the fun.

Better tell your Mama you better do what she said
Get to that barber shop and get that hair cut off your head
Goose to Chuck Berry and you wed it to the neighbours cat
You get it to the bathroom a better mama's laundromat
Well he puts the tax on speeches there
Puts a fool all in your hair
Now junior, behave yourself!

And that's no joke.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:41 am
Some of the funniest misheard lyrics can be found in the Japanese transcriptions of the English lyrics that came with the Japanese albums. Thus "tuned to a natural E" in Baby You're A Rich Man becomes the far more cryptic "Tulles, you have everything." Tulles is obviously a friend of the girl whose bird can sing. If I ever have a son, I shall call him Tulles, and whenever he asks for stuff I'll say, "Tulles, you have everything."
I bought this double LP of Star Club recordings in 1988 & the lyrics are hilarious! Trying singing some of these words along to the songs! Here's just 3 examples:

Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK