Misheard Beatle Lyrics

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Re: Misheard Beatle Lyrics

Post by Lord Reith »

Sid Burnsteen wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:47 am And I Love Her:

"A love like ours could never dine . . ."
Ha! :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
snrub

Post by snrub »

Vee-Jay wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:12 pm Not having heard the Ben E. King version yet, I was a little confused and slightly disgusted by the whole thing, so I went so far as to bring my father(!) into the room to play it for him to see what he heard. (I would never have DARED to tell him what I thought John was saying! LOL) Of course, he didn't hesitate to say "light we'll see," following it up with, "Why do you ask?" Of course, I quickly said "Nevermind!" and rushed him out of the room. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just curious, did you ever ask your father what he heard in "#9 Dream"? "Ah, bow a cow a po-say, po-say..." ;)
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

snrub wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:00 pm
Vee-Jay wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:12 pm Not having heard the Ben E. King version yet, I was a little confused and slightly disgusted by the whole thing, so I went so far as to bring my father(!) into the room to play it for him to see what he heard. (I would never have DARED to tell him what I thought John was saying! LOL) Of course, he didn't hesitate to say "light we'll see," following it up with, "Why do you ask?" Of course, I quickly said "Nevermind!" and rushed him out of the room. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just curious, did you ever ask your father what he heard in "#9 Dream"? "Ah, bow a cow a po-say, po-say..." ;)
Oh, goodness, NO! :shock: This is the same guy who, while listening to my cassette recording of Lennon's "Mother" during a long, late night drive up north, got to the "Momma don't GOOOOOooooo" part and firmly said, "OK. Enough of that SH*T." and quickly ejected the tape. :lol: :lol:

Besides, I already KNEW ol' Johnny was sayin' naughty words in THAT one (#9 Dream)! :lol: :lol:
paul62

Post by paul62 »

"Spare rib, now memory, knock near, rib it.....": my translation of the backwards bit in "Rain"!!
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!