BBC POTPOURI

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Re: BBC POTPOURI

Post by Lord Reith »

ennolenno wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:06 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:26 am I can share those 20 though if people are interested. Mostly i picked ones where The Beatles appeared in some form.
Do you have show no. 8, 1965 (Merseybeats; Alexis Korners Blues Incorporated; Beatles; Marty Wilde; Freddie & The Dreamers) and show no. 11, 1965 (Alexis Korner; Tony Rivers & The Castaways; Swinging Blue Jeans; Matt Monro; Johnny Spence) by any chance and if so, would you share it? Thanks a lot in advance.
Don't think I have those two no, sorry! Like I said i was mostly trying to assemble all the ones the Beatles appear in. I will share what I have though.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ennolenno

Post by ennolenno »

No problem. There's a lot to enjoy within the next couple of days (weeks) anyway. I almost can't read and download as fast as you upload. ;)
Thankyou :D
Purple Chick

Post by Purple Chick »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:33 amI feel sorry for the three guys in The Seekers. They had overnight success and a string of number ones - including a US #1 - but they never made a penny because their contract was so bad. And when it came time to renogiate the contract (which would have made them rich), Judith Durham dumped them and went solo.
... and then when she came back she made them essentially pretend that fifteen-twenty years of their history - when they had other lead singers - never happened.

Some of their 70s/80s material is up there with their earlier stuff. (Some of it is very much not.) Either way, it's never come close to being reissued.
ringo9

Post by ringo9 »

Do you or anybody happen to have Crimson sole appearance singing Cat Food? The riff ressembles that of Come Together BTW.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Purple Chick wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:33 amI feel sorry for the three guys in The Seekers. They had overnight success and a string of number ones - including a US #1 - but they never made a penny because their contract was so bad. And when it came time to renogiate the contract (which would have made them rich), Judith Durham dumped them and went solo.
... and then when she came back she made them essentially pretend that fifteen-twenty years of their history - when they had other lead singers - never happened.

Some of their 70s/80s material is up there with their earlier stuff. (Some of it is very much not.) Either way, it's never come close to being reissued.
Do you have Future Road from the nineties Purple?
Purple Chick

Post by Purple Chick »

ianbuckers wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:46 pmDo you have Future Road from the nineties Purple?
I do!

It was a pretty great comeback, if you ask me. And it's a shame they didn't do another one.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Purple Chick wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:57 pm
ianbuckers wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:46 pmDo you have Future Road from the nineties Purple?
I do!

It was a pretty great comeback, if you ask me. And it's a shame they didn't do another one.
And it was never released outside Australia so quite hard to find on CD here in the UK. Can I ask you a favour via PM Purple?
Purple Chick

Post by Purple Chick »

ianbuckers wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:11 pmAnd it was never released outside Australia so quite hard to find on CD here in the UK. Can I ask you a favour via PM Purple?
It was just re-released - and is available pretty reasonably on amazon.co.uk.

And you don't need to ask to PM, just do it :)

Sorry for derailing the thread....
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Purple Chick wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:14 pm
ianbuckers wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:11 pmAnd it was never released outside Australia so quite hard to find on CD here in the UK. Can I ask you a favour via PM Purple?
It was just re-released - and is available pretty reasonably on amazon.co.uk.

And you don't need to ask to PM, just do it :)

Sorry for derailing the thread....
Thanks for the info PC. I hadn't spotted that on Amazon...but then I'm not a fan...of Amazon that is.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I had a look and I have 29 top of the pops episodes from 1964 to 1970. I will share them later on at some point.
Last edited by Lord Reith on Thu May 06, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene