Bad / Dissapointing Bootlegs

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
TheLazenby

Re: Bad / Dissapointing Bootlegs

Post by TheLazenby »

mitchellmichael wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:57 am I like 1967 and most of the other Sacor releases. Their unpredictable and fun! Though I’m probably the only one that feels that way, LOL. I like horrid aounding bootlegs. I think they’re charming.
1967 wasn't a SAPCOR, though! (SAPCOR did "Dr. Pepper.")

1967 was made by NEMS, the guy who did 'Not For Sale', the 'Mary Jane' 12-inch, etcetera.
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

You are correct. My bad!
Cheers
Mike
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

There were a lot of terrible ones which came out in the 80's which were probably knock offs of other boots. White cover with a photocopy insert and usually contained some crappy sounding stuff but I snapped those up anyway!!! Terrible sounding version of the Ed Sullivan shows, misrepresented concerts (Live At Atlanta Whiskey Flats), and outfakes (20 X 4, Rough Notes), etc. Here's a pic of the first ever boot I purchased. The first time I ever heard the Beatles "How Do You Do It?" and side 2 was absolutely terrific!

JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

mitchellmichael wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:57 am I like 1967 and most of the other Sacor releases. Their unpredictable and fun! Though I’m probably the only one that feels that way, LOL. I like horrid aounding bootlegs. I think they’re charming.
I love those Sapcor ones. They were some of the most bizarre boots in the 80s. Great fun
mitchellmichael

JPM7756 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 pm
I love those Sapcor ones. They were some of the most bizarre boots in the 80s. Great fun
Glad I'm not alone! I was beginning to think I was on a desert island with that opinion...
Cheers
Mike
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

ihad.jpg
ihad.jpg (64.63 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
I must have bought this in about 1984. Really, really dreary Get back rehearsals in poor quality. After The Black Album this was the hugest of letdowns and I think it skewed me against that period for a long time. It was only in the 90s that I was persuaded by some trader friends to take another punt on the Jan 69 sessions, and heard The Real Case Has Just Begun which I really enjoyed.

Just thinking about it makes me remember how cross I was that I'd wasted good money on it. You felt cheated and dirty when that happened. It wasn't like a regular purchase where you could take it back and complain. It was contraband and so they'd got you.
C90

Post by C90 »

'It Was 20 Years Ago Today' LP
Totally misleading and inaccurate track details - lots of common BBC versions described as EMI outtakes, and tracks described as 'stereo' (which had been the main draw for me) turned out to be mono.
It didn't even have the saving grace of a cool cover design.
If I could be bothered I could assemble my own digital playlist of this with upgraded, accurate versions, but the disappointment of spending my hard-earned cash on such a turkey has scarred me for life :mrgreen:

www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-It-Was-20-Y ... se/5286631
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

C90 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:07 am 'It Was 20 Years Ago Today' LP
Totally misleading and inaccurate track details - lots of common BBC versions described as EMI outtakes, and tracks described as 'stereo' (which had been the main draw for me) turned out to be mono.
It didn't even have the saving grace of a cool cover design.
If I could be bothered I could assemble my own digital playlist of this with upgraded, accurate versions, but the disappointment of spending my hard-earned cash on such a turkey has scarred me for life :mrgreen:

www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-It-Was-20-Y ... se/5286631
But we bought it because it was the FIRST time the 'A Day In The Life' acetate made an appearance. It's like the makers of the album had this ONE, un available track then had to pad out on album with other crap so they could make a quick buck.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
mitchellmichael

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:35 am ihad.jpg

I must have bought this in about 1984. Really, really dreary Get back rehearsals in poor quality. After The Black Album this was the hugest of letdowns and I think it skewed me against that period for a long time. It was only in the 90s that I was persuaded by some trader friends to take another punt on the Jan 69 sessions, and heard The Real Case Has Just Begun which I really enjoyed.

Just thinking about it makes me remember how cross I was that I'd wasted good money on it. You felt cheated and dirty when that happened. It wasn't like a regular purchase where you could take it back and complain. It was contraband and so they'd got you.
Hmmmm...does anyone have a lossless copy of this to share? It would be appreciated.
Cheers
Mike
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

mitchellmichael wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:51 pm Hmmmm...does anyone have a lossless copy of this to share? It would be appreciated.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo...

You'll fall into a coma! It is that boring.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene