Must be time for a Rubber Soul SDE leak about now...

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Ziggy C

Re: Must be time for a Rubber Soul SDE leak about now...

Post by Ziggy C »

It's quite possible they're taking stock of things and looking ahead to the 70th Anniversary releases.....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

20YearsAgo wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:12 am So if RS SDE is not slated for this year, would that mean that Apple switched gears and decided upon another release? I can't imagine Apple pulling the plug on Beatles releases.
I can half imagine them not bothering with the first five albums (given their bias towards the later material) but omitting Rubber Soul would be really odd. That is The Beatles' first "arty" album, a true masterpiece that sounds as fresh today as ever. Can't see them leaving that one by the wayside.

There are other things they could spring on us, but all seem more complex and less commercial than a RS SDE. The much vaunted "live" set would probably go down like a lead balloon with the general public, and a PPM/WTB 60th anniversary would be testing the limits of MAL at a time when it is still being developed. Stowe School is about as likely as Elvis making a comeback and they've already issued all the worthwhile BBC tracks (many twice, or four times if you count the vinyls) so there's nothing there for a Vol.3 that would excite the reviewers. Shea and washington seem to be in the too hard basket maybe due to rights issues. So that just leaves Let It Be. On balance, I'd probably rather have a LIB bluray with extras than anything else.

But in the end, I'll put my money on Rabbi Saul. We wants it, Precious.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

My mother would say, when I wanted something, "Want in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which fills up the fastest". An eloquent speaker and she didn't even have a proper education like what I has had. Anyway... I hope there is the Rub Her Soul SDE this year, otherwise I don't know what I will ask Santa for...
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
Tex

Post by Tex »

I like these remixes only as far as I can "fix" them. I think I'm up to maybe a single handful of remixes that can replace the original stereo mix or my own remix or other people's remix. Excess EQ and fake-stereoed elements is not how I roll. :roll:
Last edited by Tex on Thu May 11, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wardo

Post by wardo »

stereoman33 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:15 am Well they could do a set that includes Magical Mystery Tour, the Yellow Submarine movie songs and the lady Madonna single
Yes. A lot of sessions untouched by the SDEs so far.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

wardo wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:04 pm
stereoman33 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:15 am Well they could do a set that includes Magical Mystery Tour, the Yellow Submarine movie songs and the lady Madonna single
Yes. A lot of sessions untouched by the SDEs so far.
I kind of get the impression they feel that's covered by the MMT and YS blurays.

I know, these have talking and crap over them but that is kind of the way they think. Like they literally didn't see a need for 1+ because the clips all appeared in Anthology.

Hope i'm wrong though. There are a few outtakes in that period which would be jolly interesting. And it does play into their Late Period bias. i would actually prefer this to RS.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

To me, it would make more sense to do three sets, 1963, 1964 and 1965. Each set could cover two albums plus all associated singles and putting two albums together would help those albums with fewer out-takes.
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:58 am It's quite possible they're taking stock of things and looking ahead to the 70th Anniversary releases.....
Everything originally issued goes out of copyright at 70 years, so I think they will want to exploit before then.
wardo

Post by wardo »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:21 am There are a few outtakes in that period which would be jolly interesting. And it does play into their Late Period bias. i would actually prefer this to RS.
They had no problem repeating the Revolver outtakes on A2. The evolutions of Your Mother Should Know, Walrus, Hello Goodbye etc would be welcome round these parts. And Paul could write another forward about the Beatles being "a really good band!"
wardo

Post by wardo »

Bazilnerk wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:10 am To me, it would make more sense to do three sets, 1963, 1964 and 1965. Each set could cover two albums plus all associated singles and putting two albums together would help those albums with fewer out-takes.
Another excellent idea.