Must be time for a Rubber Soul SDE leak about now...

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
beckman99

Re: Must be time for a Rubber Soul SDE leak about now...

Post by beckman99 »

hi mates,

as a quiet reader to this forum and a longtime member of bz, I don´t see the point of remixing help. btw an album I like and don´t share the negative attitude in a thread. it has such a country & western feeling and an unplugged style which I like alot. also I think the stereo mix of beatles for sale and help are pretty up to date. there is no hard left right panning of instruments and voices. voices r mostly in the middle, completely opposite to rubber soul, what goes on the probably weakest beatles song and revolver, imo the best stereo remix so far.
Last edited by beckman99 on Fri May 26, 2023 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Agree ! I am not looking forward to a box featuring two allbums either. I would buy it but wouldn't be happy. We all know that it will mean less outtakes
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

And speaking about a busy year for McCartney, I find the year way too quiet for his fans up to now :(
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fast lucky wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:16 am I would buy it but wouldn't be happy. We all know that it will mean less outtakes
Yeah, if they do these doubles then the 1963 set will probably have one outtake of each song (the ones from the 2013 iTunes boot?) which is like 10 songs. So that is going to be the biggest fizzer since the Ron Howard film. I had hoped that they might do an alternate BBC version of the first album demixed into stereo, but if they're twofers then that seems unlikely.

The only thing that irritates me more is the people on Hoffman who think this is a great idea because they can save some money. Yeah, sure, you may not like the early stuff as much but don't presume for the rest of us. If you don't like buying albums, open a Spotify account.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

They also say on that forum that according to an"insidrr' from SDE, Deluxe sets are over including The Beatles and Paul The reasons could be true for some artists but are ridiculous for others. And do not match some facts. And the Wings Fun Club has just been reopened iallowing their members to be warned about fiture releases. Talk about an insider knowledge....
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:20 am
Fast lucky wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:16 am I would buy it but wouldn't be happy. We all know that it will mean less outtakes
The only thing that irritates me more is the people on Hoffman who think this is a great idea because they can save some money. Yeah, sure, you may not like the early stuff as much but don't presume for the rest of us. If you don't like buying albums, open a Spotify account.
This is hilarious. If they can charge $150 for a Revolver SDE Apple will think a Help/RS combo will be a great value at $249 :roll:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fast lucky wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:06 am They also say on that forum that according to an"insidrr' from SDE, Deluxe sets are over including The Beatles and Paul The reasons could be true for some artists but are ridiculous for others. And do not match some facts. And the Wings Fun Club has just been reopened iallowing their members to be warned about fiture releases. Talk about an insider knowledge....
Yeah, I'm very skeptical of all this stuff because we know that every year like clockwork they disemminate disinformation to try and fool us. Therefore, I won't be the least bit surprised if a Rubber Soul SDE arrives on time this year in the usual format. Either abandoning or compacting into "year" releases will make a mess of the Beatles catalogue, as well as miss an obvious opportunity to make more money. I'm pretty sure Paul and Ringo would agree.
studio_two

Post by studio_two »

We had a "Get Back" Album included within the LIB Box, so maybe we can have a "Yesterday and Today" Collection (which wasn't included in the original Capitol Albums box).

I think a 1965 Box may be the way to go.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Get Back and Let It Be are from the same sessions, or even the same album. Just a variation of mixes.

They clearly stick to the original UK catalogue. The only exception that I see as a possible Deluxe edition is Magical Mystery Tour.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Remember ten years ago when people were scratching their heads over why the iTunes boot only included SOME of the outtakes, with the rest lapsing into public domain on jan 1st 2014?

With the perspective of time we now see that these iTunes Boot tracks are the exact outtakes that will be included on the PPM and WTB sets. Which is maybe why that never got a cd release. I think they were planning way into the future saying, "If there's ever another Anthology project, we'll be able to use these protected tracks." Bit of a bummer because there's all those stereo mixes of tracks only booted in mono, which we probably will never get now because the copyright on those has lapsed.