Must be time for a Rubber Soul SDE leak about now...

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
skynet

Re: Must be time for a Rubber Soul SDE leak about now...

Post by skynet »

wardo wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:41 pm
Bazilnerk wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:10 am To me, it would make more sense to do three sets, 1963, 1964 and 1965. Each set could cover two albums plus all associated singles and putting two albums together would help those albums with fewer out-takes.
Another excellent idea.
you mean ... this idea? (which may become a reality)
MrMurphMcgee wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:42 am I don’t think the quote is intended to imply that Giles is remixing BOTR.

Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

skynet wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:38 pm you mean ... this idea? (which may become a reality)
Great minds think a like you know.....
Tex

Post by Tex »

Yeah, I don't think Giles would be talking about things he has nothing to do with.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

How would the two-fers work though? A big part of the appeal of these sets is the box art, and it'd look pretty strange having two covers on there. They'd have to be 50% of their normal size. That'd remind me of those cheap cds where you get two albums for the price of one. Or they could put one album on each side of the box I guess, but that might cause some confusion for shoppers.

Also it'd be twice as much work for Giles, which he might not like.

I think they could do a good PPM set by also including a stereo-ized BBC version of the album. WTB might be a bit of a head scratcher (perhaps include some random stereoized BBC tracks or the complete "Hand/This boy" session), AHDN and BFS would have loads of outakes, but Help would also be tricky.

My guess is they'll go RS, AHDN, PPM, BFS, HELP, MMT and then lastly WTB.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:01 pm How would the two-fers work though? A big part of the appeal of these sets is the box art, and it'd look pretty strange having two covers on there. They'd have to be 50% of their normal size. That'd remind me of those cheap cds where you get two albums for the price of one. Or they could put one album on each side of the box I guess, but that might cause some confusion for shoppers.
My guess is that they'd do it like The Beach Boys have done it; Have both of the albums and their respective sessions in one box.

So like:
Help! Remix
H! Sessions 1
H! Sessions 2
Rubber Soul Remix
RS Sessions 1
RS Sessions 2

Boom. Easy 6CD box set. Maybe they can call it "1965: The Help and Rubber Soul Sessions"
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
tulirepo

Post by tulirepo »

RalseiDeltarune wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:21 pm
My guess is that they'd do it like The Beach Boys have done it; Have both of the albums and their respective sessions in one box.

So like:
Help! Remix
H! Sessions 1
H! Sessions 2
Rubber Soul Remix
RS Sessions 1
RS Sessions 2
makes sense. except that I doubt there will be two discs worth of outtakes. one each. that makes for a 5 CD box. The inevitable remix EP with Day Tripper/WCWIO included.
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

I'd say
1. Help remix
2. Rubber Soul Remix
3. 1965 Sessions Disc 1
4. 1965 Sessions Disc 2
5. Single Remixes (Plus Bad Boy from Oldies)
6. Mono mixes of Both Help & Rubber Soul.

My Guess is that they wouldn't put the album covers on the front. Instead, something new and the album covers on the front and back of the book.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

It might be worth pointing out that for people like us, the outtakes and the SDE are the main event, but to the public at large, it's the album remixes which are the big deal - the standard albums re-issued, which can be bought readily in shops like supermarkets. Not many buy the whole box sets, so I would think getting the remixes done would be the priority and how the extras are selected and presented is secondary for them.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Mr Bump wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:28 am It might be worth pointing out that for people like us, the outtakes and the SDE are the main event, but to the public at large, it's the album remixes which are the big deal - the standard albums re-issued, which can be bought readily in shops like supermarkets. Not many buy the whole box sets, so I would think getting the remixes done would be the priority and how the extras are selected and presented is secondary for them.
Shouldn't the red carpet be green?
Listen to that wind howwwwl!!! But, it's just show-biz.
The names will always (be) change(d)...and, NOT to protect the innocent.
In a perfect fictitious reality, there are no accidents.
Why should this be any different. Forget the 'crime'...'Motive" means MONEY...(always)
Could crime be the real economy? Like good luck trying to disprove or prove any realm made of blurry lines.
Hey! Hey! We're The Beatles...
So, where will this lead to?
When there's no more SDE, it'll be time to start over.
The 'ORIGINALS' campaign.
KC(Ka-Ching!!!)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Unless that Giles quote is just the usual disinformation, I think that is an incredibly stupid idea. It's effectively saying: "We don't think the early Beatles music deserves as much effort as the later music". It perpetuates the myth that their earlier music was less revolutionary and less interesting. Let me put it this way: put a band in a studio and get them to try to replicate the sound of She Loves You, and then get them to replicate Back In The USSR. I guarrantee you 100% the latter will be 10x easier to do.

If this actually goes ahead, then I'm out. I'm not buying a mongrel box set with two albums on the cover, each of which was once a major chart topping release but is now only somehow "half an album".

And of course, it means that they can shaft us even more, with two discs of remixes, one short disc of outakes covering both albums, and two "ep" discs.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene