Get Back movie/Vanity Fair article

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.

Get Back movie/Vanity Fair article

Post by 1822 »

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... cmQWyIyMb8

Three parts?

Full rooftop gig?

One happy family experience?
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Re: Get Back movie/Vanity Fair article

Post by WilliamShears »

This is an exciting section :
In a decisive and crucial creative act, Jackson says he avoided repeating footage from the original film. Even familiar scenes would use alternative camera angles. “One of our mantras is that Let It Be is one movie, and our movie is a different movie,” he says, “and we’re trying not to repeat any footage, with one or two tiny exceptions where we can’t do anything else. But we’re trying to not step on Let It Be’s toes so that it is still a film that has a reason to exist, and our movie will be a supplement to it.”
K_A_P68

Post by K_A_P68 »

Link from The Beatles official site:

“THE BEATLES: GET BACK,” A DISNEY+ ORIGINAL DOCUMENTARY SERIES DIRECTED BY PETER JACKSON, TO DEBUT EXCLUSIVELY ON DISNEY+

hxxps://www.thebeatles.com/news/%E2%80% ... xclusively
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

The exciting part to me was the
Each episode is approximately two hours in length, rolling out over three days, November 25, 26 and 27, 2021
I'm excited for 6 hours of footage!
snrub

Post by snrub »

Fantastic news. Not only am I heartily in favor of a 6 hour presentation vs. 2 hour movie, but I am already looking forward to the Blu-Ray extras!

It also seems that it won't be a 6 hour white-wash of all smiles since to my pleasant surprise he will still include the infamous "Two Of Us" row AND possibly even George quitting!

"For his own project, Jackson decided that when Harrison and McCartney begin fighting—a brief but tense scene in which McCartney placates a wounded Harrison after criticizing his guitar parts—he would show not only that but the aftermath as well. Consequently, Jackson says, Get Back will be more revealing than the original, not less. “It’s a lot tougher movie than Let It Be,” he says. “I mean, Let It Be couldn’t show George leaving the group, which he did on the seventh day, and then he obviously came back again. Let It Be never showed that.”
lordsnooty

Post by lordsnooty »

“In the late ’90s or early 2000s, they did a sting operation in Amsterdam and recovered all of the tapes, apart from 40. There was about 560 quarter-inch tapes. There are still 40 missing, but we managed to find some of that sound through other sources.”
mmmHmmmmmmmm...
johnny-null

Post by johnny-null »

I wonder if the theater cut is still gonna release this August or if that's been scrapped, but I couldn't really complain though. 6 hours of Beatles footage AND the rooftop concert has already won me over.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

There's no mention of the cinema any more. It's on Disney+ in 3 parts. No cinema.

6 hours though. That beats seeing less at a cinema!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
johnny-null

Post by johnny-null »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:47 pm There's no mention of the cinema any more. It's on Disney+ in 3 parts. No cinema.

6 hours though. That beats seeing less at a cinema!
Totally true! Everyone's happy with more Beatles.
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

So is August 27 a release date for something else related to it? Albums, CDs, books?