Get Back movie/Vanity Fair article

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Eric_Manchester

Re: Get Back movie/Vanity Fair article

Post by Eric_Manchester »

Interesting article. Of course, George quit on Jan 10th after a big fight with John, not Paul, so it'll be interesting if GET BACK perpetuates the Paul story.

I also thought these contradictory accounts of Jackson's involvement were interesting. First there's this:
Indeed, the director was the first skeptic of Apple's project to disinter the footage. "I actually didn’t say yes,"
recalls the three-time Oscar-winning director of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. "I said, 'Can I look at all the footage
first? And then I'll let you know.'"
But later they say:
When Jackson casually asked about the Let It Be movie, he was told that a separate project to make a new
documentary from the rushes was in the works—but that the original director had just dropped out. At this,
Jackson perked up. "So I just put up my hand and I said, 'Well, if you've just lost a filmmaker, I’m sitting here,
I'll do it,'" he says.
Which is it?

Post by 1822 »

Yeah, odd.

There is something weird about this project, with the way the makers are trying to sell it, adamant to give another narrative while also trying to not throw the Let It Be director under the bus...

Listening to the Nagra tapes the vibe in the room wasn't cosy all the time (to say the least) -- maybe the tapes Jackson refers to that were found from other sources are very hilarious and funny and they move the needle into the happy camp?

Anyway, I for one can't wait to see/hear the rooftop gig (though seeing Giles mixed the audio makes me somewhat nervous)...
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

"The Rooftop concert is shown in its entirety for the fist time"

Well, the concert consisted of three takes of "Get Back"; two takes each of "Don't Let Me Down" and "I've Got a Feeling"; and one take each of "One After 909" and "Dig a Pony".

Are we really going to sit through 3 takes of Get Back etc?
Sid Burnsteen

Post by Sid Burnsteen »

"Are we really going to sit through 3 takes of Get Back etc?"

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!!

We're people who've been enjoying blurry, beepy outtakes for decades, comparing aspect ratios and cropping, etc., etc.. Every moment of this will be incredible!!
malomojo

Post by malomojo »

Sid Burnsteen wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:55 am "Are we really going to sit through 3 takes of Get Back etc?"

We're people who've been enjoying blurry, beepy outtakes for decades, comparing aspect ratios and cropping, etc., etc.. Every moment of this will be incredible!!
Ya, what he said. LOL
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

BDJ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 am "The Rooftop concert is shown in its entirety for the fist time"

Well, the concert consisted of three takes of "Get Back"; two takes each of "Don't Let Me Down" and "I've Got a Feeling"; and one take each of "One After 909" and "Dig a Pony".

Yes.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

Sid Burnsteen wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:55 am "Are we really going to sit through 3 takes of Get Back etc?"

Like we haven't before, unedited, and yes, beepy?

We are Bootlegzoners/BeatlegDBeatards--we've always been willing to bear umpteen zillions takes of everything, no matter what.
lordsnooty

Post by lordsnooty »

BDJ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 am Are we really going to sit through 3 takes of Get Back etc?
bro, did you even listen to A/B Road?
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

lordsnooty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:23 pm
BDJ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 am Are we really going to sit through 3 takes of Get Back etc?
bro, did you even listen to A/B Road?
A/B Road was exhausting to get through. There was like 128 versions of I Got A Feeling. Speaking of A/B Road, will there be a similar collection for Get Back? They might as well seeming how Phil Spector is mostly know as the crazy producer who killed his wife and almost killed John Lennon.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

BDJ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 am "The Rooftop concert is shown in its entirety for the fist time"

I’m sure I can stomach it. :lol: