Official Sudden Surprise Announcements I Would Enjoy

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Official Sudden Surprise Announcements I Would Enjoy

Post by Lord Reith »

That the unedited Star Club tapes in both mono and mixed-by-Mal stereo are coming out this October.

That Washington, Shea, and Tokyo are being released in November on a new bluray called Mania! along with all the home footage they collected from the fans years ago.

That Peter Jackson has made a new Get Back-style production out of all the Maysles Brother footage from February 1964, coming to Netfix this thanksgiving.

These are the sudden surprises I would like most. How's about you?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MrMurphMcgee

Re: Official Sudden Surprise Announcements I Would Enjoy

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

A Pop Go the Beatles set of complete shows.
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

To me...

I´m still dreamful of the lost Anthology tracks, specially the mythical "All for love"...

The lost 1965 concert tape...

"Carnival of light", why not...

The lost "She loves you" multitracks lost a bit of its appeal after demixing technology allowed wonderful fan-made stereo mixes. Still...
Todd

Post by Todd »

The Complete Beatles - Giles Martin's Laptop edition

Contains the complete EMI Beatles tape vault, digitized as multi-tracks, and an installation of Pro Tools.

Super Deluxe Edition - Includes Geoff Emerick's tape and Peter Jackson's demixing tool as a plug-in.
IFeelFine

Post by IFeelFine »

It's live stuff for me.
For concerts we "know" exist, the 1963 one that the BBC played a few clips from (can't remember the venue), the 1964 concert at the Kowloon Theatre Hong Kong, Rome 1965 in the quality we heard on that recent Can't Buy Me Love clip and Essen 1966.
In the realms of fantasy, UK Autumn 1964 tour audio, UK December 1965 tour audio and the sneakily recorded (I wish) 1966 NME performance.
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:43 am That the unedited Star Club tapes in both mono and mixed-by-Mal stereo are coming out this October.

That Washington, Shea, and Tokyo are being released in November on a new bluray called Mania! along with all the home footage they collected from the fans years ago.

That Peter Jackson has made a new Get Back-style production out of all the Maysles Brother footage from February 1964, coming to Netfix this thanksgiving.

These are the sudden surprises I would like most. How's about you?
You speak of these things with time frames like you know something we don't??????????
What say yoiu sir?
JohnMiller

Post by JohnMiller »

Todd wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:16 pm The Complete Beatles - Giles Martin's Laptop edition

Contains the complete EMI Beatles tape vault, digitized as multi-tracks, and an installation of Pro Tools.

Super Deluxe Edition - Includes Geoff Emerick's tape and Peter Jackson's demixing tool as a plug-in.

best comment 2023 :P
Tex

Post by Tex »

Releasing the Emerick tape as an iTunes download is a no-brainer.

The tape except for Besame Mucho is not protected by copyright since it passed the 50 year use-it-or-lose-it rule.
Bianju

Post by Bianju »

A Rarities Odds'n'Ends Set. Like Anthology+ or other bootlegs. Unreleased early versions (version 2 of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, the interrim version of I'm Looking Through You) and some of the legendary unreleased songs (the attempted 1963 recording of Tip of My Tongue, a Frankensteined version 2 of That Means A Lot, and the debut of Carnival of Light) and other oddities (the remaining instrumental Love tracks, some missing mixes, like a master tape copy of RM9 of Strawberry Fields Forever or RM23 of I Am The Walrus). Lots of discographies have an odds and ends volume at the end with the stuff that didn't make it onto previous sets for various reasons.
Nine-0-Nine

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:43 am How about you?

A 45-minute long White Album:

- without all that crap like Ob-La-Di, Wild Honey, Don't Pass, Why Don't We, Helter Skelter, Cry Baby, etc. (not to mention Revolution 9);
- without Harrison's unbearable whining towards the end of While My Guitar;
- without Yokos and Pattie;
- with Good Night sung by Lennon;
- with all out-of-key distorted guitars corrected;
- with Ringo drumming on all songs;
- without the idiotic poster...