Official Sudden Surprise Announcements I Would Enjoy

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
maxwilbury

Re: Official Sudden Surprise Announcements I Would Enjoy

Post by maxwilbury »

An Anthology set, the documentary series, recut by Peter Jackson.
“Bigger than me?! That's not that hard to do, people back in my day were much shorter than they are today.”
~ Jesus on The Beatles
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

- A Beatles on Tour series made by Peter Jackson, showing the adventures of our boys in different cities around the world
- George in Japan boxset
- McCartney's Get Back and New World Tour 1993 box sets
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

astronaut wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:07 am - A Beatles on Tour series made by Peter Jackson, showing the adventures of our boys in different cities around the world
- George in Japan boxset
Yeah, imagine if Jackson had done Eight Days A Week! What a film that could have been.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:27 am
astronaut wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:07 am - A Beatles on Tour series made by Peter Jackson, showing the adventures of our boys in different cities around the world
- George in Japan boxset
Yeah, imagine if Jackson had done Eight Days A Week! What a film that could have been.
Or a full series, one chapter per city, starting with the band arriving and ending with the band leaving... Including a whole chapter to the first us visit, or another one of the Beatles in Nederland similar to what YOU did! :D
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

astronaut wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:32 amor another one of the Beatles in Nederland similar to what YOU did! :D
Oh yeah that would be a great one! There's loads of Dutch footage and because it was a short trip it would be easy to make into a film. But most of all what makes it a good choice is the fantastic visuals of The Beatles riding down the canal with crazy fans diving in, the unique Blokker footage of both girls and boys partying and climbing into the rafters trying to get to the stage, and the weird pseudo-Sullivan tv set with mimed backing and live vocals! Much more interesting than the usual screamy stuff of The Beatles waving from hotel windows. Unfortunately Ringo would probably veto it.

Actually, someone asked me to re-up It's All Too Dutch so I will deff do that now.
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:59 am
astronaut wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:32 amor another one of the Beatles in Nederland similar to what YOU did! :D
Oh yeah that would be a great one! There's loads of Dutch footage and because it was a short trip it would be easy to make into a film. But most of all what makes it a good choice is the fantastic visuals of The Beatles riding down the canal with crazy fans diving in, the unique Blokker footage of both girls and boys partying and climbing into the rafters trying to get to the stage, and the weird pseudo-Sullivan tv set with mimed backing and live vocals! Much more interesting than the usual screamy stuff of The Beatles waving from hotel windows. Unfortunately Ringo would probably veto it.

Actually, someone asked me to re-up It's All Too Dutch so I will deff do that now.
Cool! I had to watch it last night

I hope PJ is really doing these
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:00 pm
Todd wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:16 pm The Complete Beatles - Giles Martin's Laptop edition

Contains the complete EMI Beatles tape vault, digitized as multi-tracks, and an installation of Pro Tools.

Super Deluxe Edition - Includes Geoff Emerick's tape and Peter Jackson's demixing tool as a plug-in.
Kudos to this post! A special Beatles-branded Macbook with EVERYTHING on it. Down to the last second. The time has come! Can somebody mock up what it would look like?
I too, was deeply moved by Todd's grasp of the situation. The marketing angles are infinite in number but, it could be a triumphant paradigm shift on many levels. Limited editions, Chronological, Mythical, Legendary, Albums, Singles, Oddities, Stems, Layered Artwork, Fonts, Templates, RIAA Amphibious EQ Curve presets, Atmos On Demand, Pay Per Play Main Event, Holiday Bundles., Withdrawn/Corrected 'Accidents', Vinyl, Ferrous Analog, DOLBY NR, Unlimited, Limited, Registry, Archive, Fan-Made, Data Base Concordance, Session notes, Tape boxes, 24 Bit, AI, Analog, Digital, Free stuff, Raffles, Charities, BTR, Studer, Abbey Road Tech, Ambiophony, Audacity, REDD, Beatles GEAR, Et Cetera!!! OR...
A special Beatles-branded Macbook with EVERYTHING on it.
Lord Reith wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:59 am Oh yeah that would be a great one! There's loads of Dutch footage and because it was a short trip it would be easy to make into a film. But most of all what makes it a good choice is the fantastic visuals of The Beatles riding down the canal with crazy fans diving in, the unique Blokker footage of both girls and boys partying and climbing into the rafters trying to get to the stage, and the weird pseudo-Sullivan tv set with mimed backing and live vocals! Much more interesting than the usual screamy stuff of The Beatles waving from hotel windows. Unfortunately Ringo would probably veto it.
The Jimmy Nicol Netherlands show of June 5(?) is perhaps the most frightening of all Beatles footage. I admire the Dutch open-mindedness at play here, however, total disregard for disaster control could have escalated into disaster or worse. Mal and Neil are to be commended(?) for finding the exit. Beatlemania could have been cancelled that day but, it IS television and might not be as serious as it appears. I would welcome ANY/ALL tidbits of info regarding the event, its itinerary, the venue, the crowd, the weather, ratio of male/female audience members, Precautionary contract stipulations, Resultant change in protocol? Not to mention your separation of the audio into open mics vs. Pre-Recorded Backing Track. George shredding the vocal on Roll Over Beethoven is a tribute to their radiant confidence and the Reeperbahn crowd psychology instincts! Even Jimmy Nicol inspires!
Summary: Cutting Edge MUST HAVE!
KC

Edit: Can't think can't speak don't it make you wanna scream DAMN!? Bang bang!! You're the Audio 5 treatment of entire catalog!
Last edited by Kwai Chang on Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:00 am The Jimmy Nicol Netherlands show of June 5(?) is perhaps the most frightening of all Beatles footage. I admire the Dutch open-mindedness at play here, however, total disregard for disaster control could have escalated into disaster or worse. Mal and Neil are to be commended(?) for finding the exit. Beatlemania could have been cancelled that day but, it IS television and might not be as serious as it appears. I would welcome ANY/ALL tidbits of info regarding the event, its itinerary, the venue, the crowd, the weather, ratio of male/female audience members, Precautionary contract stipulations, Resultant change in protocol? Not to mention your separation of the audio into open mics vs. Pre-Recorded Backing Track. George shredding the vocal on Roll Over Beethoven is a tribute to their radiant confidence and the Reeperbahn crowd psychology instincts! Even Jimmy Nicol inspires!
Summary: Cutting Edge MUST HAVE!
KC
The moment that really irks me is when the tall geek (who seems to be the ringleader) starts waving a magazine over John's head as he's trying to play. John reacts by turning around to face the guy. One can imagine that if this had happened a couple of years earlier at The Cavern, the said geek would have copped the butt of John's guitar in his face.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

The funniest bit of that TV show for me is when a tiny girl with a huge blond beehive appears in front of George. He notices her, looks at John as if to say "Look at her!" and John & George burst out laughing.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Leaping Armadillos

Post by Leaping Armadillos »

The Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963 on physical formats for the first time for the 60th anniversary. It was originally 2 hours 10 minutes, and that would make nice 4LP box (along with 4 aggravatingly short cds)