Official Sudden Surprise Announcements I Would Enjoy

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
jpgrcat007

Re: Official Sudden Surprise Announcements I Would Enjoy

Post by jpgrcat007 »

The day when Ringo's & Beatles Akoustik Acetate is found & released Fever, September Song, & one other song 15 Oct 1960
Egg_Crisis

Post by Egg_Crisis »

dascottjr wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:59 am A BBC documentary of the Beatles that plays the Woolton Fete tape songs all the way through with no interruptions for bleedin' once!!!
This. It's like a scavenger hunt to complete a jigsaw puzzle with only a few pieces available. Every 5-10 years we get another piece. Just let us hear the #&%$%£% thing!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Egg_Crisis wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:04 am
dascottjr wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:59 am A BBC documentary of the Beatles that plays the Woolton Fete tape songs all the way through with no interruptions for bleedin' once!!!
This. It's like a scavenger hunt to complete a jigsaw puzzle with only a few pieces available. Every 5-10 years we get another piece. Just let us hear the #&%$%£% thing!
There's only two songs though, remember.

I tell you what would be INCREDIBLE to have been able to hear and that is the JPAGE3 demo tape made in the late 1950s at Paul's house. Their "manager" recorded it and kept the tape to try and get them gigs. He didn't get them any gigs, and worse than that recorded over the tape a year later with a classical concert. Can you imagine what treasures were on that tape? Not just ragged rehearsals and jamming like the 1960 tapes but actual properly rehearsed songs.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jpgrcat007 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:27 am The day when Ringo's & Beatles Akoustik Acetate is found & released Fever, September Song, & one other song 15 Oct 1960
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes. But I fear that is the one that got away. If Ringo hadn't asked Williams for a listen, it might have beeen part of Anthology.
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

I hope whomever found the acetate, might not been aware of who the singer was, or what group

Just hope someone kept it somewhere safe, after nearly 6 decades

Summertime
Fever
September Song
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

I was thinking that The First US Visit could be presented perfectly in 3 long chapters

1. NYC arrival to Ed Sullivan Debut (and also the recording of their last Sullivan appearence)
2. Train to Washington and Coliseum Concert
3. Miami Beach and Ed Sullivan second show
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

The tapes described in Legacy. It would be a great companion to the book.... and less frustrating
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

The pre-Ringo tapes (attracts less hostility than saying with Pete Best lol) of The Beatles at The Cavern in 1962 that Paul bought at Sotheby's and the the recording of their June 6th 1962 EMI session that Geoff Emerick had. Both of these for purely historic reasons.

Also the August 1963 Bournemouth show recorded by an engineer and again sold at auction.
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

how about early Beatle tracks pre - Emi ie Cavern club. Original Love Me Do sung by John { alone }
Tapes that hard core collectors have ie Misery,Beatles live in Cavern Club live from 1962
complete Hard Days Night with missing footage that was erased
Peter Jackson outtakes of the get back project that Apple wouldnt let him release on dvd
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The surprise release I would like to see right now is a Peter Jackson expanded version of the Maysles Brothers film. I think there is a very strong possibility he would want to do this. For all we know, he has!