so... Rubber Soul?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Fast lucky

Re: so... Rubber Soul?

Post by Fast lucky »

I hope you are right ! But given the current state of economy, many fans will have difficulties to buy a deluxe set, so release two at the same time does not make sense to me...
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

The pairing idea would also make possible YS/MMT - which are otherwise left unremixed.
skynet

Post by skynet »

Mr Bump wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:38 pm The pairing idea would also make possible YS/MMT - which are otherwise left unremixed.
Keep beating that Dead horse still, Mr Bump? :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Have I mentioned it before? :D
Nairb1956

Post by Nairb1956 »

Fast lucky wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:11 pm I hope you are right ! But given the current state of economy, many fans will have difficulties to buy a deluxe set, so release two at the same time does not make sense to me...
State of the economy? The US is red hot and trying to keep inflation down. is it the UK you're speaking of?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fast lucky wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:11 pm I hope you are right ! But given the current state of economy, many fans will have difficulties to buy a deluxe set, so release two at the same time does not make sense to me...
It seems highly unlikely that Giles would agree to either option. The Beatles for him are a sideline. He has stated that he does not listen to them at home, and though he has probably held back so as not to cause offence, I suspect that he is not even a fan. So to dragoon him into remixing two albums in stereo and Atmos, plus two or more outtakes discs might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. If they push him into something like that, he might just turn around and say "No more Beatles for five years!" Even when you love the Beatles body and soul like I do, you get burned out if you take on too much in too short a time.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

It used to be two albums a year in the 60´s :D

Tegarding the state of economy, the current inflation is not related to an excessive activity but to the war in Ukraine. Many more people have now problems to pay their ordinary bills like food, heating, transporr. So any extra is out of the question for them.
studio_two

Post by studio_two »

I wonder what the price point of a Rubber Soul box would be?

It seems there would only be a single disk of outtakes (even if they collect all the Anthology stuff into one place). Some of the Anthology mixes don't sound too good.

Also, Y&T has never been released "properly".
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Fast lucky wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:48 am It used to be two albums a year in the 60´s :D

Tegarding the state of economy, the current inflation is not related to an excessive activity but to the war in Ukraine. Many more people have now problems to pay their ordinary bills like food, heating, transporr. So any extra is out of the question for them.
Hard to see how the war in Ukraine caused electricity prices to double overnight. Hard to see how it caused petrol prices to shoot up, or mortgage rates. Me thinks it's being used as an excuse by those truly responsible for the economic problems.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Electricity has various sources of production, depending of the country, nuclear energy, wind, photovoltaic, coal, gas ... wind, photovoltaic production depend on the time and weather conditions, nuclear produced electricity cannot vary too much, which means that the last quantity of variable demand is produced by gas. Gas is imported in large quantities from Russia. Russia vastly increased their prices. We, as customers, pay all our electricity as the last marginal cost, which means that even if a majority of our consumption is produced with nuclear or wind energy, we will pay the price of electricity produced with gas ... That's why the profits of several companies have sky rocketed ... Petrol prices have also been affected by Russia. Food by the fact that Ukraine was a major producer. Mortgage rates if they are based on inflation ...