Twin Freaks samples

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
KennySaxton

Twin Freaks samples

Post by KennySaxton »

Hey guys I'm trying to figure out what songs are sampled in Twin Freaks remixes, I managed to make out some, but there is still more to go, so I'm relying on the collective to find out more! These are what I founded so far:

Really Love You: drums and percussions from Momma Miss America, Oo You and What's That You're Doing

Long Haired Lady (Reprise): guitar and percussions from Oo You, drums from Too Many People

Rinse The Raindrops: drums from Too Many People

Darkroom:

Live And Let Die: drums from Off The Ground

Temporary Secretary: percussions from Oo You

What's That You're Doing: percussions from Oo You

Oh Woman Oh Why: intro from Venus And Mars, drums from Momma Miss America, bass and percussions from Loup (1st Indiana On Moon), guitar from Band On The Run

Mumbo:

Lalula: drums and percussions from Momma Miss America and Oo You, guitar from Oh Woman Oh Why, synths from What's That You're Doing

Coming Up: various instruments from Morse Moose And The Grey Goose, percussions from Oo You

Maybe I'm Amazed: percussions from Too Many People, horns from Long Haired Lady
Words and gibberish remixed from Merriam-Webster's by Kenny Saxton
MeanMrMustard100

Re: Twin Freaks samples

Post by MeanMrMustard100 »

Great job. I found a lot of them, but not as much as you did ! Come one let's see if we can get it together. The drums is the hard part i think. Because i can be a little sample sped up.

I think Laluna has a bit of Standing Stone. Listen to the first seconds from track 3 "Human Theme"
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I don't know if on concert tape, LP, or radio special...
Jamie Lidell - Little Bit More (from Multiply LP) is sampled on a long track.
Sorry, I'm not informed completely.
Multiply is a great album!
KC
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

MeanMrMustard100 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:58 pm Great job. I found a lot of them, but not as much as you did ! Come one let's see if we can get it together. The drums is the hard part i think. Because i can be a little sample sped up.

I think Laluna has a bit of Standing Stone. Listen to the first seconds from track 3 "Human Theme"
Holy f***, great find! I can never find this as I only listen to his classical albums once each album :oops:
MeanMrMustard100

KennySaxton wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:59 pm
MeanMrMustard100 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:58 pm Great job. I found a lot of them, but not as much as you did ! Come one let's see if we can get it together. The drums is the hard part i think. Because i can be a little sample sped up.

Holy f***, great find! I can never find this as I only listen to his classical albums once each album :oops:
Haha, thank you. I don't listen to those album often, but when i heard it i knew it was from Standing Stone. I think it is the same sample used on The Fireman album Rushes. (Track Watercolour Guitars).

But there are lots more to find out from Twin Freaks.
MeanMrMustard100

Mumbo has some parts from Frozen Japanese
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

MeanMrMustard100 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:54 pm Mumbo has some parts from Frozen Japanese
You mean in the breakdown (3:02~3:09)? Yeah it sounds like it