Audio watermarking on the Revolver SDE

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
ruedabeat

Audio watermarking on the Revolver SDE

Post by ruedabeat »

Would somebody explain what is the audio watermarking on the Revolver SDE.

Does that mean we have junk in the contents of the songs ? :x
Beatlesiak

Re: Audio watermarking on the Revolver SDE

Post by Beatlesiak »

It is a relatively high-frequency signal that appears and disappears, however, due to its specificity and the hearing of a particular recipient, it may be unnoticeable, but it IS, and when Universal will make use of it and how we do not know ...
The mentioned HD version of the digital "Revolver" also has a trimmed beginning of "Taxman" and a countdown from "2" and not normally from "1", and many other shortcomings about which you can read quite extensively on Mr. Hoffman's forum. It is interesting, however, that the aforementioned "signed" version is in the "Cobuz" distribution (and scattered all over the world), while "HDTracks" does not have such a mark - apparently, I cannot compare, maybe someone will help, please send a message to priv for obvious reasons) ...
skynet

Post by skynet »

is a way to keep tracking on piracy and avoid copyright infringement, HD Tracks uses a different type of approach when watermarking, this is the way they are using to track down, whoever downloaded or CC the files illegally (unless you leave in a silo with no internet connection, and make use of these files :D )

https://www.mattmontag.com/music/univer ... -watermark

https://www.intrasonics.com/news/2021-0 ... 20industry.
Last edited by skynet on Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Beatlesiak wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:39 pm It is a relatively high-frequency signal that appears and disappears, however, due to its specificity and the hearing of a particular recipient, it may be unnoticeable, but it IS, and when Universal will make use of it and how we do not know ...
The mentioned HD version of the digital "Revolver" also has a trimmed beginning of "Taxman" and a countdown from "2" and not normally from "1", and many other shortcomings about which you can read quite extensively on Mr. Hoffman's forum. It is interesting, however, that the aforementioned "signed" version is in the "Cobuz" distribution (and scattered all over the world), while "HDTracks" does not have such a mark - apparently, I cannot compare, maybe someone will help, please send a message to priv for obvious reasons) ...
Thanks, I noticed that Taxman intro cutoff as well – !!

Please link to the specific Hoffman discussion, I can't find it in the mess over there...
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

I started that one :lol:
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Beatlesiak wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:39 pm It is a relatively high-frequency signal that appears and disappears, however, due to its specificity and the hearing of a particular recipient, it may be unnoticeable, but it IS, and when Universal will make use of it and how we do not know ...
Thanks for the Info. I don´t usually go to Hoffman's forum, I think i´ll go for a while. :geek:
apesrfools

Post by apesrfools »

alphabeatles wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:59 pm

Please link to the specific Hoffman discussion, I can't find it in the mess over there...
I downloaded the set from HDtracks and the intro to Taxman was cutoff, but HDtracks gives you the option to download it as many times as you want, so I did it again and it was fine.
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

apesrfools wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:12 pm

I downloaded the set from HDtracks and the intro to Taxman was cutoff, but HDtracks gives you the option to download it as many times as you want, so I did it again and it was fine.
They corrected the error a few days later
Beatlesiak

Post by Beatlesiak »

In fact, the subject has already been thoroughly worked out here, but I am sending the above-mentioned address of Mr. Hoffman

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... /page-1046
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Beatlesiak wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:00 pm
alphabeatles wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:59 pmPlease link to the specific Hoffman discussion, I can't find it in the mess over there...
In fact, the subject has already been thoroughly worked out here, but I am sending the above-mentioned address of Mr. Hoffman

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... /page-1046
Thanks, that was much easier to access!