83 albums released in Japan?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Mrbeatleg

Re: 83 albums released in Japan?

Post by Mrbeatleg »

AgentYaroslav007 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:54 am This vinyl box set or cd box set?
VINYL!
AgentYaroslav007

Post by AgentYaroslav007 »

OMG! OMG!
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:04 am
AgentYaroslav007 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:54 am This vinyl box set or cd box set?
VINYL!
I was hoping you'd say that (couldn't tell from photos). The original notice mentioning the release was 1983 so of course it couldn't have been on CD. I was wondering if it was a pirate CD copy from later, but no, you have the real thing. You must be one of a very, very few to have this.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

I was introduced to this amazing collection when I bought a fantastic book by Jason Anjoorian on the Japanese discography and found it incredible. You have the best Beatles collection ever released. Congratulations Mbeatleg, you have the crown jewel. Apple management of the present would die just thinking about releasing something like this today. So much material, please, let's not give so much to the Beatlémaniacs..... We sell them 5 cd's in the space of 2...
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Tom that's stunning. :shock:
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Edit: I just noticed that the whole of the McCartney catalog in the set is of prefix EPS!!! No other titles appear to be.
************************************************************************************************************************************************
I didn't realize that the EAS prefix had been so thoroughly represented. At first, I thought you had acquired 2 sets. Boxes numbered 1-4 above and below. I honestly felt you had been afflicted by the same curse that had vexed me...BUY TWO COPIES(never open one and the other gets played once to commit the contents to a healthy coating of ferrous oxide particles) and then the archive becomes a museum level tourist attraction with a sleeping bag on a folding cot and smoking station(Hookah/Kilo/BIC lighters)...exxxxxxxxxxxxxxhale! Now, the $500.00 Question: Is there really an EAS pressing of Two Virgins? I could not determine its existence from the excellent photos. I almost don't want an answer since I don't think the Japanese stance of ethics would contribute to such decadence without a mosaic effect applied to the title and beyond! The long battles to prove he was a genuine Beatles fan. I can't image this being in a clear polyethylene bag with an orange JEM Import sticker...meaning WHEN WERE YOU in Japan? It's too big for a carry-on. Exchange rate on the Yen? Sorry, Sir...you'll need to procure a Certified Cashiers Cheque for the correct amount(Yen) from your Bank BEFORE going through Customs. Beatles fan??? That cinches it!
Thank you, Mrbeatleg. Keep that second copy in a cool, dark, dry location...PLEASE!
Best regards!
KC
Last edited by Kwai Chang on Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

I Think '2 Virgins came out in US, UK, NL, for sure, & possibly Canada

Love to see this set be Ripped in 24/96 :mrgreen:

Japan's EMI had the best pressings
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

jpgrcat007 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:09 pm I Think '2 Virgins came out in US, UK, NL, for sure, & possibly Canada

Love to see this set be Ripped in 24/96 :mrgreen:

Japan's EMI had the best pressings
Yes it came out in Canada, I had it.
Yves
Bianju

Post by Bianju »

Wow, the whole "Country Flag" series and all of the solo works. That's a behemoth. The true stereo "Yesterday and Today" is among that, which is pretty cool.
Chicagofanforever 5+

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

Thanks for those great photos. I remember when this came out. I was already on my way to collecting the EAS series as imports. I say a black & white picture back then and was so jealous something that impressive was out there. Talk about presentation, wow!
I remember one of the importers back then having an add for it. I can't imagine the shipping process on that.

I don't know if they were all the same but the EAS "Yesterday & Today" used US and UK masters for their pressing. My pressing has the UK mix of "Day Tripper" and I'm not positive but I seem to remember something also about the 3 Lennon tracks from Revolver.