Revolver 2022 issues

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: Revolver 2022 issues

Post by Lord Reith »

Albert Grove wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:25 am What could be the conclusion for what the best sounding Revolver is? Still the Disque Americ?
Yes because it is basically left alone and still retains the real fades.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rfwood1

Post by rfwood1 »

"What could be the conclusion for what the best sounding Revolver is? Still the Disque Americ?"

I saw comments like this one about the 2 bootleg releases of Revolver (Disque Americ and Dr. Ebbetts) that are considered to be much better than the new set, but I've not heard them. Is there some kind soul out there who can re-up one, or both, so I can check them out and see for myself? Thanx in advance....
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

rfwood1 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:50 pm "What could be the conclusion for what the best sounding Revolver is? Still the Disque Americ?"

I saw comments like this one about the 2 bootleg releases of Revolver (Disque Americ and Dr. Ebbetts) that are considered to be much better than the new set, but I've not heard them. Is there some kind soul out there who can re-up one, or both, so I can check them out and see for myself? Thanx in advance....
If you do some searching you'll easily find a link for DESS Complete by BeatlesVI

For the Disque Americ do the same you probably will find a working link.
Yves
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Disc Americ was a real CD from Canada. They were sent the wrong tape. :D
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
James_Creek

Post by James_Creek »

after reading the issues with this new Revolver, should I dump the download and refer to Disque Americ and Dr. Ebbetts?
'to be alive ~ is undo your belt and look for trouble!'
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:39 am Disc Americ was a real CD from Canada. They were sent the wrong tape. :D
So were Help! and Rubber Soul. But as a Canadian who had Canadian, US and UK vinyl LPs, I was very happy at the time of the appearance of the CDs that we had the UK version. Still am BTW.
Yves
Carose

Post by Carose »

yymca6 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 pm
rfwood1 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:50 pm "What could be the conclusion for what the best sounding Revolver is? Still the Disque Americ?"

If you do some searching you'll easily find a link for DESS Complete by BeatlesVI

I've tried looking for the Revolver Disque Americ , but have had no luck at all :(
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Carose wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:44 pm
yymca6 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 pm

I've tried looking for the Revolver Disque Americ , but have had no luck at all :(
Here it is, it's a second pressing that dates from 1990 due to the Apple logo on the back tray and its matrix number. Not my rip.

hxxps://we.tl/t-IOpeSez6ad
Yves
Carose

Post by Carose »

Wow !!! Thank you so very much for your generosity , Can't wait to give this a great listen ! :D :D :D
rfwood1

Post by rfwood1 »

I also had trouble locating this release, so thanks for posting this link so I could check it out. Sorry to have inconvenienced you.