She Said She Said Two Different Stereo Remixes By Giles?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
sirpaulstarling

She Said She Said Two Different Stereo Remixes By Giles?

Post by sirpaulstarling »

I've been listening to the SDE 4LP box and noticed that "She Said She Said" from the stereo remixed album is a different mix than the one available on the streaming services. And before you start to say "well you might be listening to the Atmos version" or "your set up is messed up", I promise you its not that. On the streaming services (Spotify in this case) theres a stray guitar part on the left side that's all naked and alone and really out of place. It's been talked about on here for sure. On the vinyl box that guitar part is on the right side with the other guitars and sounds really good. So please tell me: did Apple mess up again ala the Let It Be box with the two versions of Glyn Johns "Get Back"?
Kwai Chang

Re: She Said She Said Two Different Stereo Remixes By Giles?

Post by Kwai Chang »

Gimmick*Gimme-K*Gimmick*Gimme-K*Gimmick*Gimme-K*Gimmick*Gimme-K*Gimmick*Gimme-K*Gimmick*Gimme-K*
I'm thinking the 'leak' is also part of the spin. Are humans even involved in the manufacture of the retail units? If not, then it would be programed to make the order and start publicity. There aren't any accidents in mass production. They might be counterfeit, but those would just be copies of a 'legit' item. The 'flaw' was intentional no matter where it originated. Even a promo copy. It generates interest. The Beatles have exploited the realm many times, but I doubt that any if them resulted in more units scanned<-----EXCEPTION: Paul is dead rumors!
Gimmicks are just a way of life. They probably do sell most music. The Beatles don't need gimmicks. They are the buoyancy that keep the whole industry from sinking. I can't think of any other name that serves that function.
KC
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

I don´t know about the differences since streaming is not my thing but there are definitely accidents / mistakes in mass production. It´s a human thing. Not later than this week, they talked on TV about a CD featuring another group ! Wrong file downloaded they said. And the released disc feature unreleased music.
StephenLofty

Post by StephenLofty »

sirpaulstarling wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:34 am I've been listening to the SDE 4LP box and noticed that "She Said She Said" from the stereo remixed album is a different mix than the one available on the streaming services. And before you start to say "well you might be listening to the Atmos version" or "your set up is messed up", I promise you its not that. On the streaming services (Spotify in this case) theres a stray guitar part on the left side that's all naked and alone and really out of place. It's been talked about on here for sure. On the vinyl box that guitar part is on the right side with the other guitars and sounds really good. So please tell me: did Apple mess up again ala the Let It Be box with the two versions of Glyn Johns "Get Back"?
Interesting. What’s on the left channel if both guitars are now on the right? The organ?

I request a 10 second preview? Or better yet the full song?
Neal Nollie

Post by Neal Nollie »

Ive Just Listened to that track in Dolby Atmos mix on Tidal on my phone.
The Guitar on the left is significantly more faint than the remix download version.
I wonder if theyve got the remixes mixed up.
Ie the download version is the atmos mix and the atmos mix is the normal download mix.
just a thought.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Neal Nollie wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:24 pm Ive Just Listened to that track in Dolby Atmos mix on Tidal on my phone.
The Guitar on the left is significantly more faint than the remix download version.
I wonder if theyve got the remixes mixed up.
Ie the download version is the atmos mix and the atmos mix is the normal download mix.
just a thought.
A sympathetic coincidence?
Was it covered in wrapping paper with ribbons and a bow?
If Giles' atmos mix is NOT for download(streaming ONLY)...
then he may have intentionally mislabeled some items to fulfill his own objectives.
I haven't heard the mix in question but I don't condone extortion anyway.
FREE the atmos.
FREE Giles Martin!
If they won't give it the official blessing,
it may have to sneak out the back door!
KC
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

The atmos mix of She Said also doesn't have those horribly muffled cymbals.
Neal Nollie

Post by Neal Nollie »

@masterjedi
Just listened again to the atmos mix
and You are right about the cymbals being alot clearer aswell.
Im begining to prefer this mix with the left sided guitar mixed lower
and with the cymbals not having that crashing muffled sound, you can here
Ringos Rolls even clearer.
IMO Im sure this is supposed to be the correct mix.
kolive

Post by kolive »

Maybe the 'correct' mix is on the Japanese release...
Tex

Post by Tex »

The correct mix in best quality is on this thing called a CD put out 35 years ago.