REVOLVER 2022- WHAT'S NEW?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: REVOLVER 2022- WHAT'S NEW?

Post by Lord Reith »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:43 pm I just noticed that you can hear Ringo's drumming during the cut out section of the "well, well, well, you're feeling fine" section of the full version of 'Dr. Robert'. The other sections of that part don't have any drumming. Did he play it like that or was his track muted on the released version but not on the section that had been edited? I can see he needed to do something so everyone else kept in time during that bit. Took me a while to realise why that previously cut out section sounded different.
Maybe it was a mistake therefore they cut it out. Seems like a very rough take overall, there are some bum notes from George too in the missing verse. Sounds to me like they did this take live and John being a one-take sort of guy said "Okay, that's good enough" and it was cleaned up in the remixing and editing. I was pretty surprised how rough it is. Even Paul's bass line is quite unadventurous, like he was just blocking it out and intending to work on it more.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MarkRJones1970

Re: REVOLVER 2022- WHAT'S NEW?

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Mmm sounds feasible.

BTW, if anyone wants images of the 5 CD sleeves for when it's put on an iPod or such like I'm made some for myself. I've got the cover for the stereo version & the back cover for my mono. If anyone else wants to use all 5 you can grab them off my Twitter feed here:

https://twitter.com/MarkRJones1970/stat ... 4129324033
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK