REVOLVER Expanded Special Edition 2022 UNBOXING

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Beatles4you

REVOLVER Expanded Special Edition 2022 UNBOXING

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AngusMcCartney01

Re: REVOLVER Expanded Special Edition 2022 UNBOXING

Post by AngusMcCartney01 »

Great to see an unboxing finally!
But honestly his ignorance about what’s included made it an annoying watch. Surely if you’re someone who’s in the position where you’re being sent early promo copies, you’d at least be aware of the release and it’s contents.
C90

Post by C90 »

I noticed that, while the book looks beautifully designed and full of content, there's no photos there which are new, which is a slightly disappointing.
I love shots of the band at work in Abbey Road, and was looking forward to some I'd not seen before.
Maybe it's just that the Revolver session pics have been used so much. A minor gripe....
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

AngusMcCartney01 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:15 am Great to see an unboxing finally!
But honestly his ignorance about what’s included made it an annoying watch. Surely if you’re someone who’s in the position where you’re being sent early promo copies, you’d at least be aware of the release and it’s contents.
He even thinks the spread with individual photos were from the white album.
A_Laakso

Post by A_Laakso »

for sure better one.
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

AngusMcCartney01 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:15 am Great to see an unboxing finally!
I assumed it was a running joke but I guess not
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Perhaps he thought he was getting the vinyl version?
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

theboxinargentina wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:08 pm
I assumed it was a running joke but I guess not
The real joke is that he might have to actually BUY a vinyl box..
He's often accused of being on the gravy train train as he gets lots of really expensive audiophile vinyl and test pressings for nothing as he's a reviewer.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I wish I would get sent free versions of the vinyl sets... perhaps I can enrol in some quality-control scheme? :?

I remember as a teenager being crazy jealous over the guys who tested the prototype pinball machines at the factories in California. They got paid to play pinball all day!
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

he also reviews expensive/very expensive hifi equipment...so if you look hard enough you'll find youtube videos of him saying what he actually bought for himself and what is there "on loan" to him to review