Criterion 24 hour flash sale

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
bobzilla

Criterion 24 hour flash sale

Post by bobzilla »

I got an email from Criterion that they're having a 24-hour flash sale. It's 50% off all disc sets! So the A Hard Day's Night 4K set is currently $24.97. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

https://www.criterion.com/
Kwai Chang

Re: Criterion 24 hour flash sale

Post by Kwai Chang »

bobzilla wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:06 pm I got an email from Criterion that they're having a 24-hour flash sale. It's 50% off all disc sets! So the A Hard Day's Night 4K set is currently $24.97. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Thank you, bobzilla!
I tried to quickly search then retreat...IMPOSSIBLE!
TWICE!!
The site is a very useful resource. It's very nearly a price/availability guide but with brief, intelligent synopsis. If that isn't enough, there are customer/reader comments, reviews and essays! I just read the best thing I've ever read about The Monkees 1968, movie HEAD! Item: It took a few minutes to realize that it is a bluray disc but the price says $99.00...but the image is NOT the movie graphics. That's because the criterion edition is not available as a stand-alone title! It is only available in a box set that includes Five Easy Pieces, The Last Picture Show, Easy Rider, and 4 or 5 other titles. The graphics on the box is a walk-in theater marquis with each movie spelled in different color plastic lettering. The word HEAD gets lost but the box is a bargain at $99.00. There's a ton of bonus materials on the Monkees disc. I'm assuming the other movies are equally enticing. I read that great essay. And, that's where I learned that the scene in HEAD featuring Ray Nitschke...pummeling Peter Tork...features the gold football helmet that Jack Nicholson wore in Easy Rider! Ya see what I mean...
I'm not going back! I'm not going back!
I can't!
I won't!
I might!
Gimme Shelter...still a bargain at $31.00 and now in 5.1 I believe!
Thanks, again.
KC
Montelimar

Post by Montelimar »

Thanks for this bobzilla, it was a great tip and thanks for thinking of your comrades here
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

All I was looking for was the SAME exact price on Amazon.....so no savings for me..... :|
HannibalTwin8

Post by HannibalTwin8 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:58 pm
bobzilla wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:06 pm I got an email from Criterion that they're having a 24-hour flash sale. It's 50% off all disc sets! So the A Hard Day's Night 4K set is currently $24.97. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Thank you, bobzilla!
I tried to quickly search then retreat...IMPOSSIBLE!
TWICE!!
The site is a very useful resource. It's very nearly a price/availability guide but with brief, intelligent synopsis. If that isn't enough, there are customer/reader comments, reviews and essays! I just read the best thing I've ever read about The Monkees 1968, movie HEAD! Item: It took a few minutes to realize that it is a bluray disc but the price says $99.00...but the image is NOT the movie graphics. That's because the criterion edition is not available as a stand-alone title! It is only available in a box set that includes Five Easy Pieces, The Last Picture Show, Easy Rider, and 4 or 5 other titles. The graphics on the box is a walk-in theater marquis with each movie spelled in different color plastic lettering. The word HEAD gets lost but the box is a bargain at $99.00. There's a ton of bonus materials on the Monkees disc. I'm assuming the other movies are equally enticing. I read that great essay. And, that's where I learned that the scene in HEAD featuring Ray Nitschke...pummeling Peter Tork...features the gold football helmet that Jack Nicholson wore in Easy Rider! Ya see what I mean...
I'm not going back! I'm not going back!
I can't!
I won't!
I might!
Gimme Shelter...still a bargain at $31.00 and now in 5.1 I believe!
Thanks, again.
KC
@Kwai Chang, it really is a HEAD scratcher as to why there is no stand-alone release for The Monkees' film. That box has been around for years now, and while I do love the other films, priorities spending cash. Seems to get The Monkees, film and TV show, one needs to spend many many dollars.