Revolver (but not the upcoming release)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Ziggy C

Re: Revolver (but not the upcoming release)

Post by Ziggy C »

Thanks, BZ!!

It's strange listening to these slightly different versions as downloaded because I know I could've created them on my own. Lop off the count-in to Taxman, et voila!, we have the Franco version. Substitute the replaced mix of TNK, and presto!, we have the UK version.

The gist is not lost on me, brah.

These are vinyl that you have sought after and procured and are now sharing with us. And for that, Thanks!! The only point, if I even have one anymore (wife gave me a haircut today. I'm practically bald again. But at my sexiest. TMI?? That's up to the listener/reader,...) is that the digital realm allows us to recreate whatever we please at home.

Again, I am thankful to now have a rip of this/these versions of the LP. I am of the few that believes that vinyl is still the best. Even though I am more than partial to high-res digital audio these days. A contradiction? I'm a scientist by trade. So I love to see stuff that falls outside any paradigm.
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks !
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

We're back. This time with the Colombian pressing. My copy is the 1969 pressing, but the original 1966 version is the same. The interesting thing about this one is that for some reason they decided to remove Yellow Submarine from the lineup. Originally I thought maybe it was because of the perceived drug association, but the month after the Revolver album was released in Colombia they released the Yellow Submarine EP (which included Yellow Submarine, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Girl, and You're Going To Lose That Girl), so I don't really know why they decided to remove it. That being said, the back cover lists each song and the corresponding lead singer, but they forgot to remove the Ringo line from the lead singer list, so it looks like Ringo sings lead on She Said She Said.

Here ya go... hxxps://we.tl/t-tbks8y7ao6

Code: Select all

Artist: The Beatles
Album: Revolver
Release Year: 1969
Country of Origin: Colombia
Label: Odeon
Catalog Number: T-100429
Channels: Mono

Matrix Numbers:
Side A: T-100429-Y [stamped] -amp- [etched]
Side B: T-100429-Z [stamped] -amp- [etched]

Notes:

* Does not include Yellow Submarine
* Although Yellow Submarine does not appear on the album, the back cover removed the song title, but forgot to remove the Lead Singer entry for the song.
* Dr. Robert on cover and label
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Thanks again bobzilla for another rare LP rip! Great to have 8-)
—Keith
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Hello bobzilla,
I just now saw your posts unfortunately.
I would like to know if you could share the French pressing of Revolver and RM11 from Tomorrow Never Knows again, please?
Thanks in advance.
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

I Am The Walrus wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:38 pm Hello bobzilla,
I just now saw your posts unfortunately.
I would like to know if you could share the French pressing of Revolver and RM11 from Tomorrow Never Knows again, please?
Thanks in advance.
I have them all posted here now...

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/rNxjFKaR#GOQlQpY5ww6DVD_XccW53w
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Thank you very much, bobzilla. :)