Is MoFi really been using digital sources all along??!!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
MrP

Re: Is MoFi really been using digital sources all along??!!

Post by MrP »

Nice incorporation of "Apple" on the Beatle site. Well played
Lord Reith wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:58 pm If I buy an organically grown apple, I don't expect to get one that is 'just as good as an organically grown apple' even if it tastes exactly the same.
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

it's a bit of "false advertising" if it's not from the master tapes, it's especially sad for those who buy (overpriced) these vinyls, already in 95 the cd's were just a copy of the commercially available remasters e.g. the Who, I only buy the MFSL from the 80's. on the other hand all the current vinyls are also from a digital in my opinion too, except maybe for some obscure stuff
The cd's (Ex Beatles) are limited to the duration of a vinyl (45mn max) so that people buy vinyls (more expensive) (Money, money...)
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:58 pm If I buy an organically grown apple, I don't expect to get one that is 'just as good as an organically grown apple' even if it tastes exactly the same.
But, an organically grown Apple comes with an organically grown worm!
Most of the problems are because the consumer world is a fickle lot. And, what's worse is that many are frugal to boot.
That's one reason that no product will be sellable without packaging. What is that about? Packaging only lasts long enough to get home. Then it becomes dumpster food. So if the package is the only way to move units, why not exploit it fully? It doesn't have to be a lie...it can be done with brighter colors, larger type, misleading pictures, proof of purchase redemption coupons, Words like IMPROVED! NEW! The ORIGINAL! Limited Edition...
ETCETERA. Or, Lacquers cut by Alfred E. Neuman...Or, my favorite-----> Gimmick Free!!! Can any claims be believed? SURE THEY CAN! Can they be verified? Maybe via espionage and bribe money! It isn't about credibility or honesty. It comes down to the simple fact:
(happiness not included)
SO! fill some warehouses with used KISS albums and light a match. Have the fire department run security and hold your breathe. EVERYTHING is lost!
Lots of lots of things and a whole bunch of Original Master tapes. There's no accurate inventory. At a point in time, tapes thought lost in the fire will show up at the alternate storage location or in my attic and the sounds of Springtime starts the entire cycle over again. But we were speaking of fickle consumers...and, (as an example) if Abbey Road's Beatles vault suddenly combusted...firemen are in tears having seen the whole show...the consumer crowd will be in the background behind the barricades and ALL OF THEM will be praying that "I hope everything got digitized"!!!
The cycle just keeps on repeating and the promotion can't be beat! I wonder what a sealed MFSL With The Beatles LP is going for these days. I wonder if they ever printed promo stickers that designate "The Broken Stamper" series...or extra limited!
Unfortunately the packaging never lets the product speak for itself. It's not symbiotic...but, rather PARASITIC!
FIRE IN THE WAREHOUSE!
Don't panic! It's only marshmallows.
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MrP wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 pm Nice incorporation of "Apple" on the Beatle site. Well played
Actually I did used to buy organic apples before they started asking silly money for them. And despite all the chicanery surrounding organic food these days, I can honestly say they were the best apples I have ever tasted. Like, food of the gods good.

Actually food is a pretty good analogy for this situation. I'm also reminded of the "99% FAT FREE!" banners that adorn so many products, neglecting to state that they have about three times the normal sugar content instead. It's not illegal, it's not a capital crime but it's certainly dodgy and deceitful.

I'm glad I just buy vinyl to look at!
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:27 am
MrP wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 pm Nice incorporation of "Apple" on the Beatle site. Well played
Actually I did used to buy organic apples before they started asking silly money for them.
They do seem a bit overpriced.

Especially considering how inexpensive cases of the stickers are.

alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:27 am I'm also reminded of the "99% FAT FREE!" banners that adorn so many products...
Reminds me of "may help reduce the risk of...", which if read slowly is totally meaningless.
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

alphabeatles wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:54 am
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:27 am I'm also reminded of the "99% FAT FREE!" banners that adorn so many products...
Reminds me of "may help reduce the risk of...", which if read slowly is totally meaningless.
I always liked "Part of a balanced breakfast." Like rocks could be PART of a balanced breakfast if you include a balanced breakfast with them.
PaulsBrokenaGlass

Post by PaulsBrokenaGlass »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:58 pm
PaulsBrokenaGlass wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:46 pm It's weird to me that they bothered to lie about it. Their releases still sound great though and as someone mentioned earlier just shows analogue vs digital isn't as compelling an argument as some like to make it.
Well, I think they lied to get more sales.

I'm not saying that their DSD dubs of analogue sound any different to the actual analogue tape, but a largish portion of thyeir customer base would have said, "No thanks! Not interested!"

There's also the implication that these discs were somehow special because you could only play the master tape so many times before damaging it, and that is why the pressing runs are low. In light of that, someone had a real brain lapse when they decided to announce 40,000 forthcoming copies of Thriller. Duh. Even the bluntest tool in the shed could do the maths on that one! :lol:

I agree with billylentz and skynet. It is the loss of trust and reliability that is so damaging. If I buy an organically grown apple, I don't expect to get one that is 'just as good as an organically grown apple' even if it tastes exactly the same.
Yeah, as someone who has never considered analogue better than digital or vice versa this is not an issue at all to me. The collector in me would probably be bothered about the lie if I was invested and I understand being bothered about that part but I'm really not.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

Just Gimme Some Truth
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

bobzilla wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:45 pm I always liked "Part of a balanced breakfast." Like rocks could be PART of a balanced breakfast if you include a balanced breakfast with them.
Or that one they always used to use, "Most (insert professional of choice) recommend (insert product name)."

"Most bloody idiots recommend sticking your head in a vice and tightening it! Try the Vice Challenge today!"