The Beatles 'Get Back' Blu-ray Full Review + Breaking News

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Jukka

Post by Jukka »

Ziggy C

Re: The Beatles 'Get Back' Blu-ray Full Review + Breaking News

Post by Ziggy C »

Certainly a disheartening review.
Kusaywa

Post by Kusaywa »

At least the price is somewhat reasonable... $44.99
hxxps://usastore.thebeatles.com/product ... rs-edition
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Sadly, not much chance of anything extra from Apple Blu-Ray wise. We might at get a remixed and extended Rubber Soul and Revolver as there's probably more of a market (amongst ordinary punters) for those reissues but I really can't see the original Let It Be film being released beings as how Lindsey Anderson made it a 'drama'. Prick (pardon mon French).
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Like I said all along, we never got Let It Be either.

History has been rewritten in full, and the inner circle are not going to want any ugly reminders of how it used to be. My feeling is that GB destroyed any last hope of us ever seeing LIB on bluray. I'm not trolling, I firmly believe this. :cry:
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

They said in the original get back announcement that a rerelease of Let it be would follow.
Not sure how get back being on Blu-ray is supposed to negate that.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I, for one, would love to see Let It Be get an official BluRay release, and "the works." As in, rooftop concert without cutaways, Yoko, Dhani, Heather, and Zak commentary track, etc.

But I've heard this all before. LIB is coming. Going to be released "this year." And then, nothing. Nothing but more rumors.

With the release of GB, (and I agree with LR here,) history has been rewritten. The ONLY reason GB got the green light at all was that it promised to paint a rosy picture of the entire proceedings; a bunch of guys still happy to be a band, still digging each other. And it was made to highlight and praise Paul's abilities and accomplishments. It promised to put to rest the whole notion of the dreary GB sessions being "the winter of our discontent."

Those of us who know, and those of us who lived through it know it was a downright shitty time in the career of the band known as The Beatles. It was as low as it got. John and Yoko wrecked on heroin. George pissed at the other guys for shutting him down when he had superb material to offer. Ringo going along with whatever because what the hell else was he going to do. And Paul trying to be the shepherd in the shitstorm. Let It Be was a suck all of a film. Truly awful. Poorly made. Poorly synched. Just piss poor. Please, let's just call a duck a duck.

Yet I'd still like a BluRay of it, please.

Now that Paul's history of The Beatles has been put out there in the form of Peter Jackson's epic, we have not a teardrop's chance in hell of seeing any kind of official Let It Be release until at least 20 or 25 years after the last Beatle offspring has taken a dirt nap.

And that's putting it nicely.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Patrick Healy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:41 am They said in the original get back announcement that a rerelease of Let it be would follow.
They've been saying for 20 years there's a LIB release coming so I don't pay much attention to those statements myself. I believe PJ's film makes it much less likely because the PR around The Beatles being so unexpectedly friendly towards each other was one of the key selling points, if not THE selling point. It was deliberately marketed as a debunking of history. So the original film and everything thyat goes with it sits very uncomfortably with that. If Yoko and Olivia were uncomfortable with the original film being released before, they're now in all likelihood going to take an even less sympathetic view of the matter.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:25 pm
Patrick Healy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:41 am They said in the original get back announcement that a rerelease of Let it be would follow.
They've been saying for 20 years there's a LIB release coming so I don't pay much attention to those statements myself. I believe PJ's film makes it much less likely because the PR around The Beatles being so unexpectedly friendly towards each other was one of the key selling points, if not THE selling point. It was deliberately marketed as a debunking of history. So the original film and everything thyat goes with it sits very uncomfortably with that. If Yoko and Olivia were uncomfortable with the original film being released before, they're now in all likelihood going to take an even less sympathetic view of the matter.
This is very true, revisionist history is all over the place these days and the Beatles are no exception unfortunately. The narrative has already been changed
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:07 am History has been rewritten in full, and the inner circle are not going to want any ugly reminders of how it used to be. My feeling is that GB destroyed any last hope of us ever seeing LIB on bluray. I'm not trolling, I firmly believe this. :cry:
Take heart, friends. I bet they're waiting for Michael Lindsay Hogg to leave the area of operation. He is surplus to requirements. He may have a built-in safety net to protect the consecrated antiquity of his baby. But, rewriting his-story is an efficient form of marketing. That's how GetBack introduced itself a couple of years ago. And, if PJ is the new MLH...then bugger the medium! BUGGER the copyright holder! If the ladder to the board-room of Universal is too tall, then why did the purple chick cross the road? And NOW, we can see that the history of the Nagras will be rewritten, yet, again. I thought they really were destined to be binned! Clearly, that was just clever marketing.
You have to admit...'get back' is a better name than 'again and again'.
"Peter WHO?"
This story has a long way to go.
Before it ends...
"What's BluRay?"
It's all gimmicks...
and, it always will be!
KC