Any love for Two Virgins?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
SM7609

Re: Any love for Two Virgins?

Post by SM7609 »

yymca6 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:20 pm
SM7609 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:13 pm I got it for my 10th birthday, in 1981 (no, really - I had to call a bunch of record shops to find it. $100 1981 dollars -- and it turned out to be a counterfeit, but whatever...). Maybe it was the mystique surrounding all of those early, hard-to-find solo albums, but I always loved it. It's a super interesting audio documentary of a night that, I might argue, changed the course of music history forever. YMMV, of course.
I bought it here in Montréal when it came out and I still have it.

The cover was kinda soft, not rigid. And it looked like this.

Front: Image

Back: Image
Yes! My first counterfeit was a pretty good quality one, full size brown bag and all. My second fake was the common one with the bag being cut off 3/4" from the top of the sleeve. Then I had a guy come around to my work (I worked at a bank), who offered me a trunk full of records. Mostly junk, but lo and behold, there it was -- a 100% genuine Two Virgins! With the side sticker and everything!
MrMurphMcgee

Re: Any love for Two Virgins?

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

I have pirates of Unfinished Music 1 and 2 (and a Japanese copy of the Wedding Album) that I picked up in the mid-80s. I have listened to each only once. Someday I’ll have to give them a listen again. Alternately, life is too short and there’s a lot better to listen to.