Official Album SURVIVOR (FINAL Round!)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.

Pick your LEAST FAVORITE from the list below

Poll ended at Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:45 pm

Revolver
39%
The Beatles
61%

Total votes: 71

WilliamShears
Site Admin

Re: Official Album SURVIVOR (Round 3)

Post by WilliamShears »

I went with MMT this time, not because of the songs but because it's technically not a band sanctioned track listing and album flow. So basically I punted and will have a more difficult decision next week...
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Re: Official Album SURVIVOR (Round 4)

Post by WilliamShears »

Beatles For Sale is out! Round 4 is live!
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Wonder if the Hi-Resolution remix thread of With The Beatles will save its butt this time round?
loserlist69

Post by loserlist69 »

I've been really busy lately so I've missed the other rounds, So I picked Sgt. Pepper as my least favorite for this round.

My picks for other rounds would be have been:
Round 1- Yellow Submarine (even thought it includes Hey Bulldog which is one of my favorite Beatles songs)
Round 2 - Let It Be
Round 3 - Sgt Pepper

Beatles For Sale is one of my favorite Beatles albums.
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

I'm voting for Abbey Road.
We find three good songs here (Come Together, Something and Here Comes The Sun). The rest is good use of leftovers.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Abbey Road is an album crafted from mostly scraps. Well, side 2 is, anyway. Except for Here Comes The Sun, it was a big disappointment to John Lennon because it contains so many unfinished songs. Apparently recorded not all in one heat, but in various sessions scattered through Spring and Summer of '69. The Beatles had other fish to fry besides being cooped up in a room with each other.

However, Abbey Road is a prime example of excellent music production. This is what happens when a little spit and polish is applied in all the right places. On side one, the only clunker, really, is Maxwell. Which is a testament to how much control McCartney wielded in the band. Fortunately he did not get his way entirely; he wanted the entire album to play as if it were a singular connected musical piece.
Last edited by Ziggy C on Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

This has been a fun survey and I´m surprised "For sale" and "Let it be" are gone already.

I´ll keep following the results, but after "Yellows submarine" I don´t think I´d be capable of going further as far as voting is concerned! To me, they´re all quintessential works ever made.

I usually Tend to think of "A hard day´s night" and "Abbey road" as my favorite ones, though. But of course it depends on the day. Objectively speaking, they all have so many virtues.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

All the Beatles' albums have their good stuff and their virtues. On a given day I can be into the whole 1965 Rubber Soul vibe. On another, I'm delving into Please Please Me, on another it's The White Album. And beyond that, I also break out the US Capitol releases. Beatles VI and Beatles 65 for example.

It's hard to go through an elimination-style exercise. But I keep in mind that just because I voted for Please Please Me in this round, doesn't mean I can't ever listen to it.

This is totally all in fun. It's also interesting to know where other Beatle peoples' tastes are.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

Listening to Lord Reith's remixes (Abracadabra and his remix of the Please Please Me outtakes) makes me appreciate them even more. I'm into Please Please Me again now :D
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Post by WilliamShears »

Ziggy C wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:34 pm This is totally all in fun. It's also interesting to know where other Beatle peoples' tastes are.
Yeah this is exactly the goal, I’m having to think through how I appreciate each album in a way I haven’t really done in a while, if ever.