Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: Revolver 2022... on or off?

Post by Lord Reith »

We wantsssssss it!

It is our prrrecioussssssssssss...

tanalour

Post by tanalour »

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I think I will buy the vinyl for this one. It seems daft to pay for cds these days doesn't it? I'm only going to rip them and never play them again... if i'm going to buy it to look at then I may as well go the whole hog.

Very excited about the outtakes discs. :D
BrianHodkin21

Post by BrianHodkin21 »

All I ask for the remix is that Giles turns up the drums on “Got To Get You Into My Life” so we can properly hear those drum rolls! Sort’ve like the mix on the anthology DVD.
Bianju

Post by Bianju »

I feel like Granny Smith is a shoe-in for this release, especially given the other S.D.E's have often been known to include first takes of songs to show the marked differences. Probably a new release of Mark I, without the "taming" it received for Anthology 2.

I'm hoping for the instrumental of I'm Only Sleeping like what was heard for the pre-show of Love, with the backwards guitar lasting almost the whole song. That might be a stretch, but other notable instrumentals have been on previous SDE's.
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

It's gonna be a 60 minute undocumented and unreleased rehearsal of sitar tracks for their cover of "I'm Henry the VIII, I Am".
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Revolver is coming... Revolver is coming... Revolver is coming...

It's February 1964 all over again! :D
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

tanalour wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:33 am https://thebeatlesrevolver.com/

:)
Not an official website, it's been a great fan-made website for years. They're in stand-by until the SDE comes out so they can update everything.

But yes, it is coming :)
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The wave is about to break. Stand by everybody. Secure your water wings.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I'll believe it when I see it. This is my favorite of all The Beatles' albums. It has a lot of sentimentality due to the people who turned me onto it, the era I first heard it in. And it stands out, hands down, as their best work. At the top of the heap is not Pepper. Not Abbey Road. It's Revolver.

Hype does nothing for me anymore. Either I'm too old, too jaded, too tired of being let down, or too involved with the inner workings of other projects to know that sometimes the "having" is nowhere near as great as the "wanting."

I'm thankful that folks on this forum have lent their capable hands at mixing this album, even remastering the original so as to breathe more life into it. There's already a lot to enjoy about it right here. The bonus, if there were to be an official commemorative re-release, might be some nuggets from the vaults that we've never heard. That'd be cool. I'm in no hurry. As others have echoed, Apple is on their own timeline, has their own priorities, which has nothing to do with the wishes of anyone who appreciates The Beatles. It's all about money. And that is superseded by their own laziness and unwillingness to deliver top-notch product. sigh