Revolver 2022... it's ON!

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Fast lucky

Re: Revolver 2022... on or off?

Post by Fast lucky »

yymca6 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm
Nonetheless I am eagerly awaiting this set, and would have liked one for Rubber Soul as well.
I am also eagerly waiting for this set ... My guess is that a Rubber Soul set will be next
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

hallucalation wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:05 pm
Patrick Healy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:04 pm
hallucalation wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:28 pm

[It will include] RM11 of Tomorrow Never Knows which was on very first mono pressing.
I'm divided on how I feel about this one... Is it good for other fans who missed it first time round, or a waste of disc space for fans who already have it?
Should be from tape source instead of needledrop
True, but we already have really clean needledrops of it. Nice to have it from tape though.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I hope we get Here there And everywhere without the misplaced backing harmonies, finger clicks and lead guitar that were added to the Anthology mix.

Also, a clean AYDCS take 2, currently only semi officially available as the 5.1, and then only if you switch off the two channels with the laughing!

The missing remake of AYBCS.

The acoustic LYT, and the backing track to the record.

Clean ER string without ambiophonics.

IOS with the full backwards guitar track heard in LOVE.

The backing track to TNK.

A stereo mix of GTGYIML take 4.

DR with the clean ending, not faded down.

And many more...
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

I'm surprised no-one's brought up the 'Granny Smith' version of 'Love You To,' which, according to internal notes described by Parlogram Auctions, was highly considered for Anthology 2 but ultimately passed over in favour of the 'Taxman' outtake which was subsequently released. I really hope that arrives in this box!
EDIT: I think LR mentioned it above.
George's songs do have a way of having interesting unreleased bits: reportedly RM1 of Within You Without You was considered for Anthology 2 but replaced by the instrumental version, plus there's the completely unheard second version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and the unheard demo of Do You Want to Know a Secret.
Last edited by Patrick Healy on Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeaofGreen

Post by SeaofGreen »

I really enjoyed the LIB remix and the new Atmos mixes on streaming have been a lot of fun so looking forward to my fave album getting the treatment.
skynet

Post by skynet »

just imagine TKN in dolby atmos in all of its glory... i guess the problem with that, and to Giles past comments on why he consider that the demix tech is not "there" yet, is to separate the tape loops, as they were done live in the studio, it will be difficult for them to separate each loop on that track, i had not seen any one done or try that yet with these tape loops, not even at our level
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:47 am Clean ER string without ambiophonics.
Must say that as much as I'd love that too I doubt they'd make a new mix just to remove reverb.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

skynet wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:11 pm just imagine TKN in dolby atmos in all of its glory... i guess the problem with that, and to Giles past comments on why he consider that the demix tech is not "there" yet, is to separate the tape loops, as they were done live in the studio, it will be difficult for them to separate each loop on that track, i had not seen any one done or try that yet with these tape loops, not even at our level
I thought I heard a tape somewhere of all the separate loops used? They could just rebuild the loop collage as heard on the record, but in 5.1
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Patrick Healy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:45 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:47 am Clean ER string without ambiophonics.
Must say that as much as I'd love that too I doubt they'd make a new mix just to remove reverb.
No, and he'd be second guessing his dad's decision too I guess.
sam004

Post by sam004 »

Speculation and wishful thinking -
No Revolver. Apple continues to milk the Get Back material.

Possible physical release of the rooftop concert.
Extended cut of PJ film or the original LIB film, maybe, but not likely for either.